THIRTY THREE

A/N: I'm almost done writing this book (I've got 10+ chapters prewritten) and I'm actually a little stressed about it not gonna lie

Sure enough that Sunday night, after spending the weekend with her Dad, she was met with a impressive feat in her pack's situation; Scott and Stiles had decided being friends was more important than their argument. Apparently, their Dad had given him some advice in his hospital room while she was out with Liam and had convinced him that forgiving his best friend could help him forgive himself for what he'd had to do to Donovan.

David, Liam's step dad, had glued her the cut over her eyebrow closed when they got back after she sheepishly explained she wanted to try skateboarding and wasn't very good at stopping, and was told it would come off on its own in around a week, and that it was just a heavy bleeder and not life threatening; just to make sure it wouldn't get infected. She needed a couple stitches in her left knee where the cliff face had scratched it to shit, but knew they wouldn't be in long so she wasn't overly concerned about it.

She'd had worse, anyway.

After discovering Theo had resurrected a total of four Chimera's — Hayden, who was apparently part were-jaguar; Corey, who was part chameleon some how; Tracey Stewart, who was part Kanima which they'd already figured out; and Josh Diaz, who could somehow absorb electricity the way Kira did so she was guessing he was part Kitsune — to form his pack, nearly all of whom had tried to kill Scott and Stiles in the treatment plant tunnels earlier that day, resulting in them coming to the realization that they needed to bring their own pack back together.

So they were going to New Mexico to get Kira.

After promising to stay and keep an eye on things, Katherine had swung herself up into the drivers seat of the Jeep and played Candy Crush while Stiles tinkered under the hood, pretending he knew what he was doing while periodically stopping to test the ignition for him.

"You're doing it wronggggg," she hummed without looking up from her phone screen, smiling sweetly when she noticed his head pop up over the hood of the jeep, face scrunched in mild irritation. He was holding a hunk of metal with various wires coming out of it, and was glancing at it like he was hoping it wasn't important.

"Oh, and you know what you're doing?" Stiles huffed, giving her a look only Stiles could.

She scoffed. "Of course not, I'm fifteen...I just know you're wrong."

"And how could you know that?"

Wordlessly, Katherine twisted the keys in the ignition with her good wrist and listened to the dying sputter that proved her point perfectly. Thankfully, she'd taken enough Advil and iced her wrist enough that it didn't hurt much anymore, but she used it as I frequently as possible, anyway. She'd been right about it sprained and currently had a tensor bandage wrapped around it to keep everything in place while it healed over the course of the next week.

Stiles flailed his arms up, almost flinging the wrench he'd been holding across the garage, and sighed loudly. "God, this stupid thing—" He reached in and pulled out another hunk of metal that hadn't been attached to anything, squinted at it, then carefully set it on the ground at his feet.

She glanced up when Scott came in through the open garage door and unhooked the light they'd been using from the hood of the jeep so he could move it around according to Stiles' random selection for parts removal.

"So what'd he want?" Her brother asked, causing her brows to furrow.

Scott sighed. "To help."

"You gonna let him?" Stiles asked curiously, returning to randomly jabbing his wrench into the jeep.