TWENTY SEVEN

A/N: lmao idk if you guys can tell but I'm trying get all of Part One published before I started classes next Thursday so I'm probably gonna be posting quite a bit this week and next.

also I applied for my first ever job today and only had three (3) panic attacks over it so I'm vibing now with some ginger ale n cranberry juice

alsoalso if any of you are from Denmark please message me about what it's like coz I'd literally sell my whole entire left kidney + a solid portion of my liver to be there rn

like look at this shit bro ^^^ dang it's so freaking pretty it's redonkulous

anyway enjoy the mess that follows below I finished at 2:30am I'm doing my best and sorry for making so many people cry 😂

It had been five days since Katherine had last talked to Liam.

Five days since she'd been slapped in the face with the realization that he didn't love her the way she'd believed he did. The minute Stiles had showed up at Scott's house she'd darted out to him, not even bothering to say goodbye to anyone.

He hadn't asked her what happened — just sent Lydia a text asking before getting in the drivers seat — but she knew by a beep from his phone halfway through the drive back home he'd know before she went to bed. She'd only been sitting in bed crying for ten minutes before he came in with Kleenex, sour patch kids, and Tinker Bell and the Great Fair Rescue in hand. Unrequited love? He'd murmured to her once the movie was in and he was laying on the bed beside her. I know that feeling.

And she'd cried.

She'd cried out everything she'd been holding in that entire evening and was asleep before she could thank Stiles for being the best big brother in the world.

Then, she wore makeup to school the next day to hide her red eyes from everyone else, something she hadn't done since everything first started. She'd changed her style, stopped wearing glasses and switched to contacts, all because she needed to so desperately feel like someone other than herself, even if it was just for a day or two.

But no one really noticed.

It was as if the entirety of the town could sense something was wrong; that something was going to happen. Something really bad and really horrible and probably deadly, like the occasions that seemed to happen annually. But no one seems to know what it is, or how bad it's going to be when it happens.

Just that it's going to be something to watch out for.

Maybe it was the Super Moon happening that night — the one occurrence of a full moon being in closest proximity to the earth during its orbit — which had been circled on the calendar hanging from her bedroom wall since she'd bought it. Every werewolf everywhere would be at peak strength, and peak anger.