BONUS CHAPTER: Stiles' Memory

A/N: OKAY SO YOUTH HIT 300K AND I THINK IM HAVING AN EMBOLISM THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH IM KINDA LOSING MY MARBLES OVER THIS A LIL BIT HOLY BEANS

I LOVE AND APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU THIS IS KINDA ACTUALLY SUPER CRAZY

BUT YEAH HERES THE FIRST BONUS CHAPTER THAT I WAS GONNA WAIT UNTIL NEXT WEEK OR SOMETHING TO POST BUT IM REALLY EXCITED

[Season 5a, Episode 6; Required Reading]

[Stiles Stilinski's Hidden Memory]

Stiles blinked as the elevator doors in the hospitals closed with a ding.

It was a normal, short blink, the same action every person on the planet did over a hundred and fifty thousand times a day, but when his eyes opened again, something was different. Off. Wrong. The lighting had changed from the usual flickering warm lighting, to a colder and darker version brought on by LED lights.

There were doctors in with him, standing there looking over their charts, even though he could've sworn there was a young couple in with him two seconds ago. Something about himself felt different, too. A flicker of anxiety swarmed in his chest and while it had been there when he'd showed up at the hospital with Lydia not half an hour earlier, this was about something different.

He glanced behind him and felt his heart stutter in his chest at the familiarity of the woman standing behind him, and had to do a double take.

Even though she was looking down, and her face was covered by her long dark hair, he would recognise her anywhere. Her brown eyes were hidden, and he could just barely make out the curse of her nose, but it was her. Her skin was tan and had an interesting contrast to the hospital bracelet wrapped around her left wrist. He tried to read it to make sure he wasn't seeing things, but he couldn't make out what it said.

It had been a very long time since he'd seen her face, seven years to be exact, but it was her.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt.

The doors opened and she pushed past him, walking down the hallway of the hospitals top floor in nothing but a spotted white hospital gown that reached just past her knees. She moved with a fluidity, a certainty, that Stiles had only ever seen on one other person in his life, though he couldn't bring himself to think of her at that moment. He didn't want his baby sister to be dragged into this, whatever it was.

So he followed a few feet behind her, anxiety put on the back burner as the shock of whom he was seeing took over. Is this my memory? Is it supposed to feel like this?

His feet moved through the familiar twists and turns he'd taken many times in his life, all for different reasons. Soon he was filled with dread, though he couldn't quite figure out why. As he realised where he was moving the shock wore off and his anxiety returned at full force.

"Mum?" He whispered softly, as if any noise from him would tear him out of whatever this was. But the woman didn't appear to hear him.

Stiles couldn't convince himself to repeat the word, but stumbled after her. His heart leapt as he watched her force the roof door open, and walk calmly up the steps.

The door closed just as he was two stairs away, and by the time he forced it open, Claudia Stilinski was standing five feet away from the edge of the hospital roof on a cement slab that acted as a kind of barrier for the electrical box. It's top was just below Stiles' sternum. She'd climbed up a four-rung ladder to get to where she was, but it didn't seem like the action had caused her any stress.