ONE

Katherine walked out of baggage claim and ran a hand through her hair as she looked around for Scott, Stiles and Lydia.

She'd received a text from her brother saying that they were at the gate, waiting for her, but she couldn't see them.

She felt her phone buzz, and she frowned.

Stiles: We're right in front of you.

Stiles: Pay attention, for the love of god.

She rolled her eyes and pocketed her phone, then looked directly ahead of her. Sure enough, Stiles was standing between Lydia and Scott, frantically waving his arms in hopes of getting her attention.

Katherine grinned and jogged forwards, dropping her bag before she threw her arms around Stiles' middle and buried her face in his shoulder.

"You should calm down, or else we might think you missed us or something," Scott grinned.

Katherine stumbled away from her brother and over to him, unable to contain the smiles and laughter that fell from her lips.

When she went over to Lydia, Katherine set her chin on her friends shoulder. "I need to talk to you about something as soon as possible," she whispered. Lydia simply nodded.

Katherine ignored Scott's look of curiosity — of course he'd heard what she'd said — as she grabbed the handle of her suitcase again, grimacing as she twisted her arm, her muscles still sore from training with Isaac.

"How was France?" Stiles asked as they drove away from the airport, glancing up at her in the rear-view mirror.

"I didn't get thrown into a well or strapped to a chair and forced to get out it, if that's what you're asking," Katherine hummed, tossing her hair over her shoulder as she looked out the Jeep window. "But it was really beautiful over there."

"Did you learn anything?" Lydia asked from the passenger seat, craning her neck to get a proper look at Katherine.

"I learned I can knock a werewolf out with one punch," Katherine grinned. Stiles held his hand out for a high-five, which she gave him.

"But Isaac trained you well," Scott clarified with a small chuckle.

"Yeah," Katherine promised. "He definitely did." She stretched her arms out — still grimacing slightly — then let out a small sigh. "How have things been around here?" She asked.

Katherine really wanted to ask about Liam, but knew she couldn't do that without giving herself away to Lydia. So she knew she would have to start with general questions, then get more specific.

"Liam almost got arrested on the last full moon," Scott shrugged.

Apparently, her question plan wasn't needed.

Katherine furrowed her brows and made a face as she tried to process that information. "He what? How?"

"He told us he had it all under control," Scott explained as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "He wasn't. Mistakes were made."

Katherine pulled her lips into a thin line to keep herself from laughing. She managed to only let a few giggles escape, but held herself together otherwise. "I've missed you guys a lot," she smiled. "Did you know that?"

"I did not," Stiles shook his head, making an odd face.

"That's because I didn't tell you," Katherine grinned cheekily.

•••

"Dad!" Katherine squealed, running and throwing herself into her Dad's arms. Stiles had taken her directly to the police station from the airport so she wouldn't have to wait for her Dad to get off work.