[16] "Drama, drama everywhere."

This wasn't what Nevaeh pictured when she thought about their first party after the holiday break. What she intended on happening was seeing everyone dancing and drinking. Maybe a few people hooking up in the bedrooms and holding London's curly hair as she threw up in the rose bushes.

What she didn't expect was meeting the girl that had caught Sammie and Teddy's heart. She wanted to pull the girl to the side and ask how she did it so that she could learn some tips. 18 years of knowing the boys and she was still in the friend zone. This girl came out of nowhere and bam she had the Coleman boys under her spell. She must be a witch. Nevaeh made a mental note to ask her mother if she knew any Garrisons. Maybe she could convince her little brother to do a spell on Desiree. Jamel was always down for a prank. This is one of the few time she hated being ordinary. If Jamel wouldn't do it, Grandma Cyn didn't have an issue using her craft. They would just have to hide it from her mother.

"Desiree who do you want?" Nevaeh heard Teddy ask.

"She wants me!" Sammie answered.

Nevaeh smiled even though her heart was breaking. She maintained her composure as the two guys she had feelings for continued to argue back and forth over Desiree. She would have to break her promise to her mom, she was drinking tonight. She grabbed a red solo cup and drowned the contents, ignoring the burning in her throat.

Desiree? Who exactly was she? The girl had walked into the party with Jayda and her boys knew her so Nevaeh automatically assumed she was a friend of the family that she didn't know. She was pretty, Nevaeh quickly observed. The dress and heels she was wearing were a little scandalous though. Wait, was she jealous? She looked at how Teddy was caring for Desiree's wound and knew that she was jealous. She grabbed another drink.

"Teddy, I got it. How about you go on and cater to our guest. I'll take care of Desiree." Nevaeh heard Sammie tell Teddy.

It was obvious from everyone in the room that Teddy wasn't feeling it. "Sammie, I'm telling you to back up. I have dibs on Desiree. I've already chosen to back away from...."

Was he talking about her? Nevaeh rapidly shook her head when Teddy looked her way. She still wasn't ready for Sammie to know about her feelings for him.

"Dibs on me?" Desiree questioned. "What exactly does that mean?"

Teddy was trying to explain it. "I met you first and I liked you but I didn't pursue anything because I knew your parents wouldn't allow it."

"He gave up too quickly," Sammie interrupted. "I was still trying, despite knowing about your parents. And I met you first. Tell him."

Desiree looked at Teddy. "I met him first," she stated.

Nevaeh was tired of watching them. She looked around the room and saw that everyone was entranced in the drama. Her eyes zeroed in on Jayda in the corner laughing. "Of course." She walked over and blocked Jayda's view.

"Move Vay, it's just getting good."

"I should have known this was created by you. Sometimes I don't know why I consider you a friend when you're more like an enemy. Why Jayda? They're going to end up killing each other over that girl."

Jayda shrugged her shoulders. "It's just a little fun. Don't be so dramatic."

Nevaeh pointed to them. "That's your family and you're the reason they're arguing."

Jayda shoved Nevaeh out of the way. "You don't know how much hell they put me through, especially with Tony."

Nevaeh shoved her back. She added a little force so Jayda flew back against the wall. With the loud music and everyone focusing on Sammie and Teddy, no one was paying attention to her and Jayda. "They're trying to protect you. Tony has been cheating on you for months but you're too stupid to see it. When he's not with you, he's with his the mother of his baby."