17 | wealthier than him

Granger,

If there was someone I would love to thwack my twice expensive broom against, it would have to be that crumby git, Krum.

He was seething. Casting a glare capable enough to break an unbreakable vow, he kept lined against a mossy, cobblestone wall of a cheap clothing store. Peeking past the wall, he was given a clear view of none other than a curly brown-haired witch smiling cheerfully at a man he'd never thought he'd see again.

The man was bulkier, much bulkier, than he remembered back in his Hogwarts years. Draco noted how his chest would puff subtly as to gain the attention of the beauty before him, but to the man's dismay, her eyes never trailed down past his face. His eyebrows were plucked perfectly as if every single hair was well strategically removed. His dark hair grew longer and enhanced his features to be more charming and attractive for the witches to fawn over.

His cheeks and chin were sharper and more defined, fit from the rigorous training he'd gone through and the adoption of a diet and intake of healthy food. How Draco had known about that, he wasn't particularly sure, but he knew it must've been from Witch Weekly as they did cover every single nook and cranny of this man's life from his current girlfriends down to what shoes he bought the previous night.

He just had to be the most sought after quidditch player in all of the wizarding world. And, much to a certain brown-haired witch's amusement, surpassed the one and only Draco Malfoy in wealth by just a couple hundred sickles.

Those damned sickles.

Just because he was a couple hundred sickles richer than I, this stupid bulk had the audacity to court you out of nowhere. You out of all bloody eligible gorgeous bachelorettes out there! You! Why?! Has he no brain?

Draco Malfoy watched the interaction between the famous athlete and the famous heroine. A sickening ball formed within his stomach at how perfect those titles fit together.

Famous quidditch star-athlete, Victor Krum, richer than the Malfoys and the most handsome wizard the wizarding world has ever seen. And the beautiful Hermione Granger, war heroine who saved the wizarding world and the brightest witch of her age.

He resented the way how he could vividly imagine the perfectly worded headlines and titles that could appear on the papers. His hands clenched into a shaking fist, and he restrained himself from punching the wall right next to him.

Why did they sound so bloody perfect together?

And just because he was richer, he even bought you a present! A whole extravagantly fancy present! With multiples of them!

He felt his teeth gnaw the insides of his cheek as his jaw tightened. Krum had brought out an object he kept hidden behind his back, surprising the intelligent witch. She received the object with gratitude, using two hands to take it in respect.

"What is this?" Her sunny voice sounded throughout the half-empty street of Hogsmeade. It made Draco frown at how much she looked grateful for his bloody gift.

"A present, dearest Hermione. You can open it now," he flashed a spectacular smile. Draco inwardly cursed, he even said her name properly! "Happy birthday, Ms Granger."

"Why thank you, Mr Krum." She hesitantly opened the pouch, possibly afraid of what she might find. That is, until her eyes widened at all the most upscaled gifts she'd ever seen. Fit in the pouch by using an extension charm, Hermione delved her hand within its depths to bring out one of the many necklaces that looked to be worth millions.