14 | drunken chaos

Malfoy,

You're a mess. This whole thing was a mess.

Chaos. Ultimate chaos.

Was what she thought when she entered the Head common room.

Bottles of firewhiskey and semi-expensive champagne could be found everywhere. On the sofa, the floor, the tables, her desk, and everywhere else betwixt and unnamed. Some had spilt the liquid contents onto the beige carpet floor and some were broken into colorful shards and crumbs or dust. Red and green throw pillows were strewn where they shouldn't be and corresponding thin, alcohol-soaked blankets littered the floor.

Loud music played like a deluxe surround system in the room that she could hardly hear her own thoughts. Shouts and screams from the partygoers could be heard above it, and she looked over at Ginny and Luna chugging down a bottle of firewhisky. They would then stop and have a 'who-has-the-best-singing-voice' game by screaming at the top of their lungs as if that bested the best singer in the world.

I'm never letting you host another party again! My Godric, this was too much. Even for you.

Hermione covered her ears and cringed at the overload of noise. She tried to maneuver her way around the common room, leaping over pillows and avoiding crushed glass, to her personal room until she bumped into the sweaty bodies of Harry and Ron. The strong musk of cheap wine surrounded them and she had the mind to gag at the lingering scent.

"Heyyyy Hermnninnyyyy!!!" Ron smiled then abruptly laughed as if it was the funniest thing in the world, clutching his stomach as he bent over in untamed laughter. "Your naayymmee!! It's so strange!! It's so — hic — funny. HahaaaaaHAAA!! Hermyninny! Hermit ninny... nincompoop. What an — hic utter nincompoop."

Hermione scowled at his stupidly drunken state. She wanted to reach out and twist his ear at his thoughtless insult towards her, and she did. Ron yelped at the sharp pinch on his ear and cowered away from the assaulter, peeking behind Harry's shoulder who looked just as drunk as he was.

"Mioneee! Youuuu came!" Harry slurred above the music, a sloppy smile on his face with his round glasses partially broken and half fallen off his nose.

"Unfortunately!" She grounded out, waving a wand to fix his cracked glasses. She didn't despise mess as she knew she was a mess herself, however this kind mess was something she hadn't experienced before. It was an explosion of inanimate casualties and collateral damage with zombies of her drunken friends. She found that she hated it. The mixed odor of intoxicants spiced her nose, and she had never detested the smell more than now. Oh how desperately she wanted order amidst this chaos.

"Wheree.... were.... youu?" Harry took his time to form the simple question, his eyes twitching in between, and she nearly left in impatience.

"I told you I was at the library and didn't want to join your so-called party. Good thing I didn't too, or I'd wake up hating life tomorrow," she grimaced when she surveyed the room.

However, Harry didn't seem to understand her. Either because it was too loud to hear or because she talked too fast for him to understand. At his attempt to hide his confusion, which did not work, Harry smiled and nodded beguilingly, "Good good..... niiice to.... hearrrr!"

Hermione mustered an eye-roll. Harry and Ron decided to forget her presence as they aimlessly tackled each other in a playful manner. Hermione muttered frustrated obscenities towards a certain blond who hosted this event and resumed to heading over to her room.