Chapter 18 - This is Different

(We are starting with art today)

January 23, 1781
Location: London, England
Time: 12:02pm

Britain pulled America close and felt tears go down his face, he's back... Britain thought, he's mine again.

America closed his eyes tight as he saw Confederate floating in front of him and slit his own throat to tell him something.

Go away

Go away

Go away!

Why though?

You want to kill him! I won't let you!

...Fine

America was caught by surprise. What?

Fine! I'll drop it. I won't mention killing anyone ever again.

Why?

You've been telling me 'no' so it's obvious that you won't do it... Why continue? Enjoy your moment with your father...

Confederate vanished after that.

Britain let America go but America saw the tears running down his father's cheeks.

"Are you okay?" America asked.

Britain sniffed, "Yeah... Just..." He sniffed again, "I missed you so much..."

America giggled, "So did I."

Both laughed even though they weren't sure why, maybe it was the disconnection they had for so long, and the sorrow finally at an end. What can they do now?

Britain wiped his tears of happiness away and started slow, "...Are... you ready to come back home?" Britain held his hand out.

America smiled wide and took his father's hand. "I'm ready!"

Britain slightly laughed, America nervously laughed. This was all so old but new to him; Being with someone you thought you would never see again makes you lost for words but after time it's just awkward. America tried to think of what he and his father did before they started fighting all the time.

America followed his father as they both walked off the boat.

⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙

America nervously walked along the sidewalk with Britain beside him. He liked having his father around but it was so awkward. It's been eight years since the two fought each other without knowing it and not to mention the 'I hate you' scene they made.