Chapter 1 - Hot Chocolate

Little 13 colonies (also known as America) opened his bedroom door to a dark old hallway of the Buckingham Palace, his home. It went left and right with many windows in front of the eight-year-old. The palace was so big compared to little America who had a nightmare and his parents were on the next floor up with their door locked. So America had three choices. One stay in his big, dark room or two go to the kitchen and get water where he could turn on the kitchen lights or three, try his parent's locked room up the stairs, next to creepy pictures of England's great leaders. Why were they so scary? America quickly considered option one. My room isn't so bad... America thought but he looked back at his large bed and the shadows underneath. "Eep." he squealed. Now eight-year-old America had no choice but to go with option two. But he knew from the start he had to do it. The American was wearing his light blue Pajamas with little birds on them, they were comfortable to wear in London because it rained so much and was cold at nights in the big Palace. Outside was not too dark because it was six in the morning, and raining softly against the windows across from America.

America had the little stuffed eagle that his mother had given him as a baby, he named it Silver. 13 Colonies closed the door quietly but stayed in his room and looked behind him. Five other stuffed animals were behind him in a half-circle. "All right gang." 13 Colonies said in his very small British accent, quickly laying down on his floor with Silver. "Here's the plan." Colonies had a toy car in front of him. "This car is me. I need to get downstairs into the kitchen grab the girl named 'Water' and bring her back before the enemy named 'My Dad' sees me... Again" Colonies moved the car in a circle and continued. This was not the first time America was out of his bed. He was always found. One time he made too much noise and one of the maids found him, another time was when England woke up early and caught Colonies in his tracks, third was pretty embarrassing, he fell asleep while drinking his milk (he felt like milk that day). He was always caught. This routine had been going on for two weeks now. Having a nightmare, wanting to leave his bed/monsters under his bed, and he heard that having water helps you go back to sleep. To think he had been doing it for two weeks. "And before the best time of day starts. It comes only once every day. Breakfast!" There was a pause as America Looked at his big stuffed bear. "Why? Chunky?" America said pointing his finger at the bear. "Because when the all mighty 'Breakfast feast' starts the... Great...Fierce... Deadly...Motherly!" America said raising his voice and making his words dramatic. "France! Enters the kitchen to cook!". He was up on his little knees and then quickly put his arms down. "You are all excused." America stood up. "If I don't make it out alive this time, Silver the eagle is in charge." Colonies put his hand out for the doorknob, but stopped and looked at all his friends. "I will make it out promise." America saluted. "This time I will."

America opened the door and slowly closed it behind him. He suddenly felt so alone. The shadows are everywhere. he said in his head. He widened his gray eyes. The loneliness was terrifying. Colonies took one step... then went in an all-out sprint.

⁙⁙⁙⁙⁙

America ran into the kitchen and close the door behind him in fast motion. He looked at the door for a minute and backed away the lights suddenly turned on.

"Colonies?" A confused British voice behind him said.

"AAAHHHCK!" Colonies turned behind him and raised his arm to shield himself from whoever it was.

America opened his eyes and saw his father standing there. Guess I broke my promise. England didn't have a very 'happy' expression and it made America scared of what his father would do to him.

"What are you doing here?" England said putting his hand on his hips and leaning toward his smaller son.

"Well- I - Uh - You see," America said putting his hands down, avoiding England's look and stammered. Then he looked back at his father.