Chapter 24 - L͓̽o͓̽s͓̽i͓̽n͓̽g͓̽ ͓̽C͓̽o͓̽n͓̽t͓̽r͓̽o͓̽l͓̽

Young America was running from something, his clumsy feet made him stumble a couple of times. He was in a clearing and heading for a dark forest.

He heard growling behind him. He gasped then looked forward again.

America didn't see the stone that made him fall down.

He got up on his knees and hands, his brain was spiraling. Then he heard the growling again, but louder. He turned back quickly and onto his back and started backing up.

He whimpered and his gray eyes widened and stared at the source of the noise, a dark green bush.

Britain jumped out of the bush and landed right in front of child America. "Boo! Got ya!"

America screamed and started crying. Britain was taken back, he didn't mean to scare America that much.

"A-America? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" He was cut off as America got out of his grip and ran onto the forest. "America wait! Don't go in there!" Britain followed after him.

America took a sharp turn and hid behind a tree. He quietly sobbed to himself. His Dad scared him bad. He thought he was a monster after him and it made him see a monster when really it was his Dad.

"America!" Britain lost America. He looked behind trees but wasn't going to find America. "America! Where are you?!" He mentally scolded himself for scaring America. 

Britain started thinking the worst after a couple of minutes. What if he got taken, what if he got lost, what if he fell in a hole, what if a wild animal gets to him?

Britain started calling louder. "America!"

America peered over his tree, he saw his Dad franticly searching for him. America then saw how scared Britain looked, but grown-ups don't get scared.

Britain ran his hand through his hair, anxiety, and stress were overwhelming him. He fell onto the ground and cried to himself.

America sniffed then got up and walked to Britain. He was a couple of feet away and he lightly touched Britain's shoulder.

"Daddy?" Britain turned to him and gasped.

"America!" He hugged him tight then started looking at his condition, "Are you okay."

America just sniffed and cried.

"Where are you hurt?! You got to tell me." America hugged him. Britain again was surprised and slowly hugged him. "It's okay... I'm here." He kissed America's head.

"You s-scared m-me..." He said quietly.

"I know, I know. I won't ever do that again..."

"But, You also were scared... Grown-ups don't get scared."

Britain sighs. "Everyone is scared of something. I was scared that I lost you... I thought I would never see you again."

"But I came back... Doesn't everyone?"

Britain was quiet for a second. "No... Not everyone comes back."

January 27, 1781
Location: London, England
Time: 5:04pm