Chapter One

[Dallas]

I sit on my bed staring at the plain white wall. Today is the day I can leave. I am terrified to leave here...that when I do I will break. Mrs. Camille walks in with a smile. "How are you doing today Dall?" She asks me looking at her clipboard. I smile a small smile. "Better I guess. I'm really nervous." I tell her quietly. She sits down on my bed and rubs my back. "Don't worry honey. If you need anything you call me As soon as possible." She says which causes me to smile. "Thank you." I whisper to her. "Anytime." Tears form in both of our eyes. The nurses aren't supposed to get attached to the patients but she is like a sister to me. She was first here when I was 16 and she was 22. "Well we should get you packed." I nod and we stand up.

After I'm all packed I tell her I need a minute. I turn around and take one last look at my room. I had a roommate, she was discharged a month after I got here and they never gave me another one. A tear rolls down my cheek. I can do this. Everything is gonna be alright. No more pain. I hope anyways. I hold my bag tight in my hand. Father and Jase are in jail still...I think. I'm not sure. I've locked my self from the outside world. I walk into the lobby and see little kids probably here to visit their mommy or daddy's. Maybe here to pick them up. I look down as I walk to sign out. Mrs. Camille smiles at me and pulls me into a hug. "Be safe honey." She whispers. I nod and head towards the doors. I take a deep breath before opening them. Hello outside world. I walk to the sidewalk and start walking. I look around cautiously as I walk across the street to my apartment. Cammy (Mrs.Camille) helped me rent it a few days ago. Cammy is basically my sponsor sort of I guess... She helps me so ya..

I pull my key out of my pocket and open the door. I miss home but there was too many memories I couldn't handle and I wouldn't be able to see Cammy. I look around the small apartment. It's the perfect size for me. I'm gonna be on my own for a while. I'm not gonna worry about college at least until I'm 19. I just need a few months. I set my stuff on the kitchen counter and go to my room. Plain white walls and a light brown carpet. I see a box full of stuff from my old house in the corner. Should I open it? I slowly walk over to it and peel off the tape. I'm scared to open it. I open it anyways and see a lot of my old posters and a picture of my mom and I. Tears well up in my eyes. I close my eyes for a moment. After I open them I take the picture out and put it on my nightstand. What to do with these posters. I look around my apartment for some thumb tacks and find some in a drawer in my kitchen. I hang up the posters and smile remembering the music. I'm really tired. I'll work on finding a job tomorrow but for now I need sleep.

I crawl into my bed and pull my zebra print fuzzy blanket over me and eventually I fall asleep.

I wake up at about 9 a.m the next morning. Cammy told me about her second job a couple blocks away she asked her boss about it and said he wanted to interview me..so I guess I should go there. It's at some diner called Rick's Burgers. I go into my closet and put on a shirt that says Yeet, some pants, and my converse. I put my hair in a side braid and grab my small carry purse thing. I really hope Cammy is there today. I walk a for a few minutes until I get there. I walk through the door and see her. She smiles and walks around the counter. "Hey, so you got settled alright?" I nod. "Yeah." She smiles and leads me behind the counter. "Hey Rick, here she is." She says. He looks at me and reaches his hand out and I hesitate to shake it. "She'll warm up to you..don't worry." She tells him. I nod slowly. "Hmm well okay, have a seat. Camille you can stay, have Kasen take over." He tells her and she nods.

-After the interview because I don't know what to write for it-

"Well congratulations, you got the job. Can you start right away?" He asks me. I nod. "Yeah, of course." I tell him. He smiles and nods. "Camille will show you what to do." he says and we nod and walk out to the counter. She shows me what to do and I get the hang of it pretty quickly. "It's my break time think you will be alright?" She asks me. I nod. "Yeah, I should be fine." I tell her. She nods and walks back into the break room. So far the day has gone by very slow. A group of about 4 guys...walk in. Oh lord. Please don't come to my register. Go to Kasen's. I sigh as they come up to me. "Dyl you gonna order for us?" A boy with really thin eyebrows says. "Right, yeah. Uh I'll have 3 large combo burgers, and one plain cheeseburger with mayonnaise, oh and 4 large Cokes please." He says with a smile. "That will be $16." I tell them. "See Dylan! Told you this place was cheap!" A guy with blonde hair and beautiful brown eyes says. The guy I'm guessing is Dylan rolls his eyes. "Thank you, uh.." He squints at my name tag. "Dallas." I smile. "Your order will be ready in a few. Is it for here or to go?" I ask. "Here." he replies I nod and hand him his recite. They walk over to a booth and sit. Camille walks back over and starts to get their food ready. After she's done she hands it to me to take to them. I take the tray and walk over to the booth. "Here you guys go, If you need anything else let me know." I say with a smile. They nod.

I walk back over to the counter and Cammy smiles at me. "Wow, you did great Dall!" She says. "It was...hard but yeah.. i guess." I tell her. She laughs. "Looks like Blondie is checking you out." She giggles. I groan. "Seriously Cammy, I don't need to think about guys right now. I need to focus on my job." I tell her trying to fake a serious expression which causes both of us to laugh. "But I'm serious. Look at him." She says. I glance over and sure enough he is staring at me. He looks away once he notices I caught him. Nah he don't like me. Probably just thinks I'm another girl. I mean look at him! He's gorgeous! I-I mean..uh..um..he's uh...

I clear that thought out of my head and get back to work. "I agree with Cam," Kasen smirks his lip piercing shining in the lights. The guy named Dylan walks up to the counter. "Hey, uh Dallas was it?" He asks. I nod. Should I be scared? "Well, My friend Thomas over here would like to-" He's cut off by Blondie's hand being smacked over Dylan's mouth. "I-I would like to know if I could get a refill?" He asks unsure of himself. "Uh sure.?" I say. I get his cup and refill it and hand it back to him. He smiles and they walk back to the booth. Dylan smacks Thomas over the head. "Told you." Cammy laughs. "He loveeeeeeeees you." Kasen smirks again. I groan when he drags out the word love. "You guys are such good friends." I say sarcastically. "But you love us." Cammy says with a giggle. I nod and laugh with them.

"Wait...they look awfully familiar.'' Cammy whispers to me. Kasen nods. I look closer at them. "No way." I start. "That's The Maze Runner cast!" I tell them. Cammy nods. "Dang. They're even cuter in person." She whispers and I nod. Kasen makes a barfing noise. "You girls are weird. So glad I got man parts." He laughs. We aren't allowed to say certain words because Rick says ''this is a kid friendly zone''

At 6 we get off work. "I can drive you ladies home." Kasen says. We say sure and get in his car. I'm stuck in the back seat. He drops us off at our homes and tells us he will be here tomorrow to pick us up for work. I unlock my apartment and walk in. I grab a towel and my clothes and hop in the shower. I turn the water on hot and relax.

AUTHORS NOTE

OKAY, so wow...I honestly have no clue where this idea came from...but yeah, I hope you enjoy it...I've tried to write a lot of Thomas fanfics but I Just don't know how to start them.. but yeah...so enjoy this, or not ya know I can't make you but yeah ILY GUYS C: