Chapter 4

Kim "Ethan" Yong-saeng

I opened my eyes, and I found myself in a medical room. I tried to move my right hand, but Alpha Andrés was tightly holding my hand.

He was also slightly snoring, and his head was laying on the side of the bed. Slowly, I move my hand away as I try not wake him up. I was not successful. Great!

"Are you feeling better?" Ask Alpha Andrés as he opens his eyes. I notice Alpha Andrés' chocolate brown eyes and that he still has not let go of my hand yet. I was getting more confused by the second. What are these weird feelings?

"I'm okay," I responded to Alpha Andrés. I still felt a slight pain in my head and shoulder, but it wasn't as bad as before.

"Your parents came to see you when you were sleeping," Alpha Andrés said as he avoided looking into my eyes.

"They were so worried about you. I told them to get some sleep since the doctor said you were okay," said Alpha Andrés as he avoided looking me in the eyes again. This is confusing to me.

"Thank you," I said as I was getting sleepy again. I slightly shift my weight on the patient's bed and move the white cotton covers closer to me.

Since the start of this conversation, Alpha Andrés hasn't let go of my hand even once. I was not sure what was happening here. Wait! It couldn't be what I was thinking, right?

'Alpha Andrés chocolate eyes' and 'him being nicer than before'! Alpha Andrés would have made a joke by now just to annoy me!

Slowly, I started to feel the tension in the room. It was getting more intense by the second.

"I don't know how to say this, but...," Alpha Andrés starts to say. Still, avoid my stares.

"I'm your mate," said Alpha Andrés as he moved his eyes up to meet me.

"You're joking, right," I say with a slight chuckle. Hoping that it was not true.

Alpha Andrés and I being mates was not funny. It must be the ceremony bond that is messing with his smell. Yeah, that must be the only logical answer!

I waited and waited for Alpha Andrés to say that he was joking, but he never did. My smile drops from my face. He is serious.

"No," I said.

"No--no--n--no-no," I repeat faster and faster. I was starting to panic at the news.

This can't be happening to me!

Alpha Andrés likes females, and he gets bored of them very quickly. What to say that I'm going to be different? Being mates meant that I would be with Andrés forever. What if I'm not enough?

I could be a sidepiece while he sleeps with other females. What if he cheats? I-- NO! That's not what I want! This is too much for me to handle. Waves of pain were coming back stronger than before.

My heartbeat start to pick up as I think more. Suddenly, a doctor and a nurse ran into the room to calm me down. My mouth is moving, but I can't hear anything. Finally, I see a nurse give me something on my IV drip, and I start to slowly get a sleeper.