Chapter 17

Kim "Ethan" Yong-saeng

"Now that everyone is here, let's start our training," father said as he walked around the room while we stood in rest position.

"Since Andrés is new here, I hope that everyone will make him feel welcome," continues father to tell the pack.

"Now, everyone goes to position on the mats. Yong-saeng, you can stay back," he said, looking in my direction. So why in the world do I always have to be in the front?! Ugh!

"You will clean the training room because you were late," father told me as he pointed to the bathrooms while Andrés closed behind him, looking at the ground.

"I'm greatly disappointed in you, son. You will be head beta soon, and you are acting like this," said father as he shook his head in disappointment. I have never been late for training but lost track of time since I was worried about Andrés.

I was busy cleaning the bathrooms for the rest of the pack training.

I regretted the choices that I made.

"When you are done with the bathroom, make sure to clean the weapons. Then, you can leave," father said as the training session ended. I see father, Greg, Rose, Mia, and others quickly leave.

"Have fun!" said Greg as he left with a chuckle. Others either said something or just ignored me as they went.

Andrés decide to stay behind and wait for me in silence. If awkwardness could fill the room, I would be drowning in it.

"Can we talk?" Asked Andrés after a couple of minutes had gone by.

"Nope," I quickly told him as I threw the rag on the clean supplies.

"We can talk when I stop being angry with you," I said as I put away the cleaning supplies and tried to head out the door.

"Wait, I thought you wanted to talk with me," said Andrés.

"Yeah, one week ago, but you were too busy ignoring me!" I exclaimed with more anger.

"I'm sorry, Ethan. I just need some time," said Andrés as he tried to explain.

"Time for what?" I asked as I turned around to look at him.

"Time to see how I feel about you," he tells me as he holds my hand.

He tries to lean in to kiss me, but I avoid the kiss.

"Ethan, please stop avoiding me," Andrés pleads with me.

He tried to kiss me again, and I decided not to avoid him again even though I was still mad at him. To say my wolf was happy would be an understatement. He was overjoyed. Maybe I was also a little glad that Andrés was showing affection since he started avoiding me, but everything came crashing down with his following words.

"This is wrong," said Andrés, and then he left me standing their shock. What the heck did he just say?! My ears must be hearing things!

I was at a loss for words that. I ended up frozen in place, unsure of what had just happened.

Then, Andrés left.

To make matters worst, Alex shows up to the pity party.

"So, I was passing by, and I was wondering if I would get my hoodies now," said Alex as he walked closer in my direction.

I didn't reply because my stomach did not agree with me. Quickly, I put my hand to my mouth and ran to the nearby bathroom.

Only to run straight into Andrés' back. Double great! This was just what I needed?!

I look over Andrés' shoulder, and she the smiling Hope. How in the world did she find him? She is two months early!

I didn't have more time to think because my stomach couldn't hold it anymore. For that reason, I found the closes bush and emptied my stomach.

"Ethan, are you okay?" Asked a worried Andrés as he moved closer to me.

"Dude, that's gross," said Alex in the background. Of course, he had to follow me.

"I'm fine," I said as I moved my hand to get him to stop coming closer to me. The worst thing I needed right now was for Andrés to see me in an awful state.

"Should I come back later?" Asked Hope as she looked over at me.

"Yes, it looks like Ethan is ill and needs my help," Andrés responds quickly.

"You should leave also," he said to Alex.

"But my hoodies," Alex said with a whine.

I threw up even more, and Andrés rushed to help me by rubbing my back.

"Fine, fine. I will see you at school," said Alex as he left.

"Ethan, I think we should get a doctor," said Andrés in a concerned tone.

Before telling him I was fine, Andrés ran off to get help.

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

"Here are some medicines to help with the cold. Just make sure he takes the antiviral medicines to recover quickly," the doctor said to Andrés and father.

"Are you sure nothing is wrong? Werewolves normally don't get the common cold. Should you test him for covid?" I asked abuji to the doctor.

"In rare instances, a werewolf could get the cold, and I have tested Ethan for covid, and he got a negative result. So just make sure he gets a ton of rest, and he should be fine in two to three days," said the doctor.

---

abuji is father in Korean (formal)

---

I want coffee and tea! Exams are buntal (╯‵□′)╯︵┻━┻ Also, I got covid 😭