Chapter 19

Andrés Oliva

Ethan was sick because of me.

Tears would not stop rolling down my cheeks as I tried to explain myself better. I'm unsure if Ethan would understand me, but I decided to try. My heart was bouncing by the second.

"We didn't have insurance, so I had to work to help keep her alive," I tell him as I cry into his shoulder.

"Her treatment cost so much money that I had to drop out of high school and go straight to work," I continue.

"I was fortunate that I found a job even though I was under eighteen, but...," I said as I wiped my tears so that Ethan could hear me better.

"Having someone to love was a luxury that I didn't have. So, please be patient with me," I said as I tried not to tremble too much. 

"If you are okay with me, let's give 'us' a try," I said as I looked him in the eyes. I was scared that he would say no. He is probably tired of doing the back-and-forth with me all the time. 

"You had to shoulder all that by yourself without anyone's help," said Ethan as his eyes showed signs of tears.

"You are so brave, Andrés. I'm happy that I met you and that you are my mate," he said as he moved to grab my hand.

"I'm sorry that feelings are all over the place. I'm sure my feeling could grow into more with time," I told him as I could feel that my checks were overheating.

After a few seconds of hesitation, Ethan asked, "Could I kiss you?"

"Sure," I replied and he didn't waste any more time to close the gap between us. 

Our lips connected, and I let him lead. I was tired of always having to lead and having to make all for the pack decisions. I didn't even notice that the stress was eating me alive.

"Andrés, focus on me," said Ethan as he moved his hands to the back of my head and slowly put his tongue in. My body felt like electricity was flowing all over me. This feeling felt so good that I couldn't believe it.

I tried to follow Ethan's movement the best I could, but he was overpowering. The truth was that I liked it.

Ethan started to move his hands lower and lower, which earned him a couple of moans from me. I wasn't even thinking about who could hear us because the pleasure was so good. This is getting very addicting very quickly.

"Ethan, I'm coming in," said Ethan's mom. We quickly separated from each other. We tried our best not to look like we had been making out. Sadly, we failed.

"Omma! I was busy!" exclaimed Ethan, as tired to get out of bed. This time he can get up without any help.

"Looks like you are feeling much better," said his mom with a smile. Dr. Charles soon follows her back into the room.

The doctor did a set of pain tests to ensure he was doing better. Also, he made sure that Ethan's pain had gone down.

"Move in with me," I said, and my eyes widened. I didn't mean to say that out loud. Of course, he is probably going to think I'm crazy now. Let's also not forget Ethan's mother and Dr. Charles are still here.

"Yes," Ethan said as he looked up at me.

 Then, his face dropped as he changed his answer, leaving me saddened. 

"No," He responds as he rubs his head, and I look away. 

"Let me think about it," said Ethan with half a smile.

"Okay," I quickly said. This was so embarrassing. I couldn't even look at him right now. I was so confused. Does Ethan not want to live with me?

"I got to go," I said as I got up and left as fast as possible from the house.

I thought it would be better with the whole mate thing, but maybe I overstepped. Quickly, I arrived back at my "padre's" home.

I met my "father" in the kitchen while trying to make it to my room. My cheeks felt like they were on fire. 

"Are you okay?" He asked as he got something from the refrigerator.

"Everything is fine," I say as I run up the stairs. But the more I think about it, the worse I feel. 

Why was I even here in the first place?

I'm used to always doing my job and keeping my head down. Fighting and being outgoing wouldn't help me finish my job at all.

 The idea of leading people, let alone a pack was foreign to me. However, I only have about three months to go before I get the alpha title, and it was never-racking just thinking about it.  

I scroll to social media in hopes of calming myself down, and it works for the most part. Till I got a text message from Ethan. I read the notification faster than I could stop myself. 

Ethan: i can stay at your house on the weekends (⌐■_■)

Me: Okay. That sounds like fun.

There was no way this was really happening. But, on the other hand, maybe things were going in the right direction. 

My heart would not calm down when I thought of Ethan. Maybe that was a good thing. 

---

padre means father in Spanish

---

Sorry for the long delay. I'm trying to finish a few chapters before I release on a schedule again. Thank you for reading my book! We have officially surpassed my first book (づ ̄ 3 ̄)づ Also, I'm trying to edit each chapter so that the grammar may change just a little. If you find some errors, please dm me!