Harry

Rosie had agreed to it. I had thought she wouldn’t, not in a million years. But she did. This is exactly what I need.

          The relationship without all the chains, all the emotions and stuff that just makes you feel crap for ninety per cent of the time. I didn’t need Rosie calling me up to complain about looking fat, or if she had a falling out with her best friend over shoes, but I did need her kisses and maybe more. We hadn’t exactly set the boundaries of what our newfound agreement were, but I think it was simple enough. We were both busy people, and sometimes we needed that release.

          ‘I think we need to set some ground rules,’ Rosie said as she lay in my bed, completely naked, covered only by a white sheet. Her hair was rumpled and she had a glow about her that you could only really get after…well, you know.

          It had been a week and a half since the paintballing day, and this was the first time I had seen her since then. I thought we would take it slow, getting used to the arrangement, but one thing had led to another and here we were. It had been…amazing. She really knew what she was doing. Well, she had had about two years more practice than me in this department at least.

          ‘OK, shoot,’ I said, rummaging through my wardrobe for a shirt, whilst wearing nothing but a smile.

          ‘First off, don’t put me as an emergency contact, I won’t respond,’ she said, making me chuckle.

          ‘Don’t worry; Louis has that privilege at the moment. Next?’

          ‘Don’t call me past half eleven, unless it’s pre-arranged. I need my beauty sleep, being a successful pop star is very tiring. I’m sure you’ll know what that is like someday,’ she said playfully, and I threw a shirt I didn’t want to wear at her. She caught it deftly and slipped it around her, doing the buttons up. It was a pale plain blue one, and it looked good. I liked seeing her in my shirt.

          But it didn’t mean anything.

          ‘Alright, fair enough. Pre-arranged, any time. Spontaneous, half eleven. Got it, anything else?’

          ‘It goes without saying, but no telling any-one. Not even our band-mates. And best we don’t get spotted out together alone. If we want to see each other in public, either you or I bring someone. At least until we have established publically that we are friends,’ she said, sitting cross legged on the bed, my shirt barely covering her.

          ‘Way to make me feel like I’m your dirty little secret Ro,’ I chuckled, and she threw a pillow at me. I caught it deftly and threw it back, narrowly missing her head.

          ‘Never make me breakfast, I won’t eat it, far too couple-ly for my liking. Those are my rules, any you want to put forward?’ she arched her eyebrow, waiting for my answer.

          ‘Don’t send me any needy texts or calls; I’ll just turn my phone off.’

          ‘Glad to hear it-’

          ‘Funny texts are fine.’

          ‘Thank goodness for that, I am a goldmine for funny texts. I am like a one woman sitcom,’ she said sarcastically but I carried on regardless.

          ‘Don’t tell me the names of all your childhood pets, I couldn’t give a shit.’

          ‘My parents’ hated animals so we are clear on that front,’ she shrugged and I smiled, leaning on the bed and crawling slowly towards her, never taking my eyes away from hers.