Harry

After the disaster and awkwardness of the day at the zoo, I was happy to just return to the hotel and collapse onto the sofa, switching on the television and finding the trashiest talk show possible, allowing me to just…stop thinking for a while.

I knew there had been photographers and paparazzi all around the zoo, and no doubt photos of Taylor and I together would be clogging up every newspaper and website, but right now I didn’t care. I was used to it, and the best thing to do is to just ignore it. I had had a good time with Lux and Lou, and Taylor had been surprisingly chill the whole day, making me laugh and spending time with the baby.

I thought about calling Rosie and warning her, but the idea of dealing with another woman and having to explain herself made my blood go cold. I just wanted to relax and forget everything, do some guy stuff and just chill out.

There was a knock at the door, and with a groan I pulled myself up into a sitting position before heading over to the door and flinging it open. Zayn entered straight away without saying hello, and stomped his way into the bedroom. Following him, I curiously watched as he flung himself on the bed and buried his face in the pillow.

          ‘What the hell is going on?’ I asked, leaning against the doorframe.

          ‘Girls, man. I can’t deal with them.’

          ‘Is this about Perrie? What’s going on?’ I said, moving further into the room and sitting on the edge of the bed.

          ‘We had a fight,’ he responded, his voice muffled by the pillow.

          ‘You did?’ this was shocking news, as he and Perrie never fought. He was like a puppy following her around, phoning her all the time. She had him under her thumb, not that he didn’t like being there. ‘About what?’

          ‘Nothing. It was a stupid argument about something ridiculous,’ he answered, but I didn’t believe him.

          ‘Seriously, Zayn, what’s going on?’

          ‘I’ve been accused of cheating.’ I had to stop myself from laughing. The idea of Zayn cheating was just absurd.

          ‘By who?’

          ‘Who do you think? Some trashy tabloid is saying I tried to invite some girls back to the hotel but got stopped by security,’ he said, sitting up and facing me. I was about to shoot this whole story down when there was another knock on the door.

          ‘I’ll be right back.’ Leaving the room, I headed to the door once more. Somehow I had gotten involved in more drama even though I had decided to stay away from girls tonight. How had that even happened?

Louis was standing on the other side of the door, a knowing grin on his face.

          ‘What do you look so happy about?’ I asked, and he came into the room, the smirk still visible.

          ‘Guess who I just saw checking into the hotel?’ he said, and my stomach sunk.

          ‘Who?’

          ‘A certain Miss Swift.’

          ‘What?’ I yelped, and Louis’ grin grew wider. ‘Are you sure?’

          ‘Definitely. That girl is crazy man, I’m telling you, I can smell it all over her.’ Louis said, flopping down on the sofa.

          ‘No, don’t sit down, come into the bedroom. Zayn’s in crisis,’ I said, rolling my eyes and leading the way. When we got to the bedroom, Zayn was huddled up by the headboard, a pillow pressed against his chest.