CHAPTER FIFTEEN

We drove to a cute little cafe just outside of town, the ride was pretty uneventful. It consisted of small talk, hand holding and side way glances when we thought the other person wasn't looking.

Dad was just stepping out of his car as we pulled up, as soon as my eyes landed on him I let go of Jase's hand.

"You know he's going to have to find out sometime don't you?" Jason said, was he trying to be funny right now?

"Well today's not going to be the day" I sighed, I wasn't ready to tell dad about us. Let him know that Jason his best friend was my......boyfriend. I had to think about that label, it was weird even saying it in my head. Jason was my Boyfriend, I let it sink in for a bit.

There were so many secrets going around these days, I didn't think one more to the pile would change anything. I was certain it was going to stay this way for at least another couple of months.

"Daddy" I jumped out to the car calling out to him like the perfect daughter I think I am. I skipped up to my dad and wrapped my arms around him, he instantly returned the action suffocating me in his embrace.we stood like this for a minute before my stomach started rumbling.

"You ate like half my kitchen this morning how are you hungry already?" Jase put his ten cents in from behind us.I turned around and playfully punched his stomach, well what stomach he does have, its more like a stupid wash board with his stupid abs. Fine they're no where near stupid, they are actually amazing but I'm not telling Jason that. A smirk appeared on Jase's face, I know he caught me thinking about his stupid body. Being the mature person I am, I decided it was the perfect time to poke the tongues at him.

"Oh yeah, real grown up B-Tara" I couldn't believe what I just heard,my dad was standing right there and he almost called me "babe". Hopefully dad didn't pick up on it. I quickly gave Jase a warning look.

"Okay you two, let's not start one of your stupid arguments in the middle of the car park" Dad pulled me to the other side of him "let's go and eat before we start eating each other" dad laughed and walked in front of us making a b line to the door. Geez he must be really hungry.

"I'd like to eat you" Jase whispered in my ear, making me blush as bright as the redist rose in the Bush. I gave him another "you better watch.tour words" look and walked ahead to catch up with my dad, Jase let out a massive laugh from behind me. I have a feeling he's going to try and make this lunch as difficult for me as he can.

We were sitting at the front of the cafe, the view out of the window was beautiful I don't know how I didn't notice it when we pulled up. There was a park across the street, with big trees all.down the path and a cute little pond just to the side.

"Can I get you guys anything else?" A worker came over to our table. Of course I was being ignored again, the girl who looked just a little older then myself was flirting effortlessly with not only Jase but my dad as well, gross. I gave her the evils and drank a big mouthful of water.

"Yeah, your number" Jase replied, let's just say my water didn't stay in my mouth very long before it was all over Jase's shirt. I was in shock who could blame me?

"Maybe you should learn how to keep your water in your mouth and not all over the front of other people's clothes, she was trying to wipe my spit water off of Jason.

"Yeah cause your and expert of keeping things in your mouth aren't you?" Her head turned to look at me, well more like send death stares at me. Being the mature person I am I picked my plate up and tipped it all my food on to the floor.

"Maybe you should do what you get paid to do and clean the mess on the floor" I pointed to the mess I had just made. The workers ugly mouth hung open, if it was possible it probably would have hit the ground.

"Stop catching flies and do your job" I have no idea where i got all this confidence from. The girl turn around and stomped to the back to collect her and cleaning supplies, and probably have a little cry.

"That was uncalled for Tara" dad spoke from beside me.

"Her comment was uncalled for dad"I still had a little attitude.

"That doesn't matter..." I cut dad off when I saw the door open and her step out of it.

"Maybe we should go before you two beat the crap out of each other." Dad said, he stood up and walked out to the car. I knew I had embarrassed him but I couldn't help it. Jase stood up when dad walked past him bit he didn't walk after him.

I was writing Jase's number on a napkin as she was walking over.

"Here's his number, give him a call I'm sure he would super happy to meet up with you sometime" I handed her the napkin and stormed out of the cafe, Jase was calling for me but I ignored him.

Dad was standing at the front of his car talking to someone on the phone, he didn't see get in his car and jumped when I slammed his door.

So much for a nice drama free lunch I thought as I I sat in the front of dad's car waiting for him to hurry up so I didn't have to look at Jase's ugly face.

Sorry this chapter took so long, I had a lot of family things going on. Anyways hope you enjoy:)