Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

When Selene awoke it was almost one in the afternoon. She ate lunch with Janet who told her about Roz’s attack. Selene upon hearing the news demanded to be taken to see her friend. Selene felt responsible for abandoning Roz. She had been so caught up in the night’s events that she had spared Roz little more than a passing thought.

By the time Selene made it to Roz’s shop she noticed the closed sign but ignored it completely and walked right in. Unfortunately she wasn’t prepared to face a sleep disoriented naked man who jumped up from the front couch where he had been sleeping. Selene’s response was to scream first and hit second.

Trevor wasn’t very lucky either, because while Selene was tiny women, she packed a mean right hook.

“Selene!”

Roz’s voice called from the stairs. Roz was wearing a robe that she tied while charging down the stairs, upon seeing Trevor naked she looked away quickly, “Trevor…your clothes.” Not that Roz or Selene that matter didn’t appreciate the golden Adonis that stood before them.

Selene noted how amazing Trevor’s body, all golden toned and rippling muscle, not like a bodybuilder, but a lean swimmer. He lacked Merrick’s height and while Selene admired the beauty of Trevor’s form, she didn’t feel the same emotions as she did when she just heard Merrick’s voice, let alone saw his skin.

Roz practically fainted right there on the stairs, at the sight of Trevor’s gorgeous body. Her heart dropped into the pit of her stomach. She wanted to reach out and touch the golden flesh, but knew she never would be so bold. She couldn’t bare to look at him. In all his naked glory he embodied everything that she needed to complete her. A handsome man who was her rescuer, her hero. She couldn’t look at him because she afraid she was falling in love with him.

Trevor looked down then back up at the two women who were trying desperately to find anyplace to look accept at him. “Sorry.” He muttered.

Trevor took a throw from the couch and wrapped it around his lean hips. He then fished around the floor and found his jeans from the floor. He then headed into the bathroom down the hall.

“I thought he was attacking you.” Selene said, as she looked at her friend battered face, “Who did this? Was it Trevor?”

“No.” Roz said firmly, “He was the one that rescued me, and to top it all off he stayed the night to make sure I was safe.”

“Trevor? The one that just was here, in this room. The one that said those awful things last night?” Selene said in disbelief.

“Pretty hard to believe?”

Before Selene could comment Trevor walked back into the room. Still shirtless but he fished his shirt off the back of the couch and pulled it on. He ran a hand through his hair. He then walked over to Roz and touched her chin to tilt her battered face to the light so he could examine it better. He grimaced and dropped his hand. “How do you feel?”

“Fine.” Roz said softly.

“Yeah, you only look like you’ve been run over by a semi-truck. I’m going to get some coffee, what do you want me to get you?”

“Oh, I don’t need anything. I can make my own—“

Trevor cut her off, “Coffee or tea, choose now or take what you get.”

“Tea, two sugars.” Roz said softly.

Trevor then turned to Selene, “Would you like anything?”

Selene held up her hands, “No, I’m good. Uh, sorry about the right hook.”

Trevor offered up half a grin, “Yeah, well it’s because you’ve got such a great arm that I think Roz will be safe while I’m out. But if there’s trouble just run out into the street and scream your head off.”