Chapter 23

Adrien watched the light flicker through the hotel window. Rolling onto his side, he gazed at Marinette as she slept. Laying face to face he wanted to run his fingers through her dark hair, but he didn't want to wake her, she looked so beautiful and peaceful. Her hair was messy and hung partly over her eyes. It was still a few hours before they had to be at the bank and he just wanted to savour these moments alone with her. It had rained pretty heavily the last few days and they had hardly left the hotel suite the whole weekend. Adrien believed it had been maybe the happiest he had ever been in his life. He loved this girl so much, with every fiber of his being, and he had vowed he would protect her, to protect this new life that they had found together. Although they did have a bit of a hard time convincing Plagg that not everything in the room's mini bar was Kwami friendly. That small bottle of Bailey's could definitely have made for some interesting times if Tikki hadn't have stopped him. Adrien chuckled to himself remembering Marinette's horrified look at the thought of a drunk Kwami loose in a foreign country, especially one that could destroy half a city!

Marinette moved slightly, her eyes slowly flickering open and her lips broke into a sleepy grin at the warm emerald eyes that greeted her. Adrien leaned over and kissed her on the forehead, gently pushing her hair off her face.

"Good morning Mrs Agreste." He whispered, snuggling closer to her with his arms around her waist. Marientte rubbed her nose against his, closing her eyes.

"I love the sound of that." She said grinning. Adrien kissed her on the nose before burying his face in her neck and holding her tight.

"I love saying it, Marinette Agreste." He murmured and it sent a warm feeling into her heart as he said her name. "I still can't believe that I can really call you mine." He pulled back to look at her face, trailing his fingers down her cheek and across her chin. "I love you so much Marientte." He pressed a soft kiss to her lips. Well, he had intended it to just be a soft good morning kiss but when it's Marinette wrapped up in his arms kissing him back it was always a difficult thing not to pick up where they had left off the night before.

"Oh please, haven't you two done enough baby making this weekend? I've been cooped up in this hotel room, you wouldn't let me touch half the interesting things in that mini bar and you promised me the cheese platter this morning that you forgot about yesterday and I expect..." Plagg's voice trailed off into muffles thanks to Tikki stuffing a few cheese crackers into his mouth.

"Sorry about him." She said, taking cover from the crumbs Plagg was splattering out. "Carry on." Tikki grabbed Plagg dragging him off leaving Marinette looking bright red and Adrien to fall into her in a fit of giggles.

"I...ah...suppose we should order up that cheese platter for him." Marinette giggled. She did admit she felt a little bad for the Kwami, after all they had been rather...busy.

"Hmmm, breakfast doesn't sound bad either." Adrien added trailing kisses down her neck.

"Do you mean me or the room service?"

"Both." He grinned against her skin before leaning down to plant a soft kiss just above her belly button. The moment was interrupted by his phone ringing next to him. Groaning, Adrien reached over and answered the call, recognising the ringtone.

"Good morning Nathalie, how are you this morning?" He asked in high chipper, grabbing his glasses and putting them on as he spoke. "No your right, we were awake....yep, Marinette's awake too." He looked over to her and smiled. "Hold on, I'll put you on speaker." He laid the phone on the bed so they could both hear it.

"Good morning Nathalie." Marinette called out cheerily.

"Good morning Marinette. I'm sorry for the early morning call but we have a buyer coming soon and I wanted to pass on some good news." Adrien looked at Marinette.