Chapter 21

Adrien leaned against the doorframe of the office watching Marinette as she worked with Spencer and their new lead female model Nicola. He still couldn't believe that this beautiful girl, his Ladybug, his Marinette, loved him. Truly he felt like the luckiest guy in the world. As she moved across the room to grab the matching handbag for the dress, she caught sight of him against the doorway and her face lit up into a glorious smile. It still set his heart on fire. The last few weeks had been crazy and he knew Marinette had been working until the wee hours on these designs. The Urban range was a huge break away from traditional Gabriel style, but his father had given them free reign on the concepts, limiting his own input to a bare minimum. It was a huge risk, but one Adrien had total faith in. Tonight though, he had other plans that didn't involve cuts of fabric and needle pricks, if he could pull her away from work mode long enough.

"How does that feel on you Nicola? Not too tight?" The slender model stepped off the small platform and walked across to the tall mirror that hung on the office wall. Spencer stood nearby studying the movement of the dress.

"Feels fine Marinette, although I noticed the zipper was sticking a little." Marinette lifted the model's arm and gave a bit of a tug to the side zip.

"You're right, I'll fix that up for you." She said, marking a spot with her clothes pencil.

"Let me work on it Marinette." Spencer offered. "You don't need to take all the work on your own you know. We are a team here, that means letting others take on some of the responsibility. Besides, it's Friday night, you deserve to reward yourself a little." Marinette shook her head.

"It's fine Spencer. I already have the other prices finished, there is only this dress left. Besides, we need to start thinking ahead to Christmas." She insisted. "Thanks Nicola, you can change back. Just leave the dress with Nathalie, I'll pick it up later." Spencer followed Nicola out shaking his head and giving a pointed look at Adrien.

"You should listen to Spencer Princess, you'll burn yourself out. Believe me, I've been in this industry long enough to have seen it happen" Adrien said, sliding up beside her, taking her hand and kissing the back of it. She could see the concern in his eyes but tried to ignore it.

"I know, but fashion week is next week and so much is riding on this presentation." Marinette fussed over the long, black, Merino wool jacket Adrien had put on for the final fitting. She had taken inspiration from his Chat suit on the decorative seaming and she had to admit, he looked damn hot in it, especially when his hair was less than perfect like it was now. Adrien grabbed her hand and gently hooked his finger under her chin so she would look up at him. His green eyes shining through his bangs as he looked adoringly at her.

"We're ready Mari. These are only minor alterations that someone else can do. You did it. You and Spencer have worked tirelessly for weeks and got us here with a collection ready to show. I think you deserve a night off to celebrate, don't you?" Marinette gave him a suspicious look.

"You have something in mind Chaton?" She asked, a small smirk spreading across Adrien's face.

"Actually, I have something I want to show you. I've finally moved everything into my apartment and I want you to be the first to see it. I thought maybe we could cook a nice dinner and then watch a movie on the couch." She furrowed her eyebrows at him with that Ladybug look she would often get.

"I don't know Adrien." Marientte said, biting her lip. Every time she did that, it made his stomach flip. Adrien brushed his thumb across her bottom lip, unhooking it from her teeth.

"Keep doing that and we may not get out of this office." He purred close to her ear and he could see the bright pink blush flash across her cheeks. He had to keep his chuckle to himself. "Now as your boss I'm telling you to take the rest of the afternoon off." Marinette put her hands on her hips looking up at him. It was frustrating to her sometimes that even in heels she still had to look up. Why did he have to grow so tall?