Chapter 2 Staring Contest

Chapter 2

Staring Contest

Sports are in my genes so what a place to rejuvenate my self. I felt so calm and relaxed as I seated myself.

I was sitting on the strands watching a badminton match with Jack who took me there as I could not attend the college today being late. I was upset too because of Caira last night. Jack wanted to help me with distraction so he took me to watch one of the final matches of badminton.

The crowd was full of cheers, wailing and boasting their opponents as both the players were doing a great job with 1 all in two sets and the third one was about to begin and the crowd was at its full swing shouting and cheering the one they support and bullying the later.

Again my eye got caught by the ugly face sitting on one corner scribbling something on a piece of paper and did it with so much concentration that I couldn't help but notice.

Why does she ever come to a match which she is not going to watch and enjoy, damn silly girl and if you know you are ugly with that yucky scar on your face why not dress up well so that people atleast don't get scared of their ugliness. Maybe she flaunts her filthy ugliness.

Why the hell am I staring at her or even looking at such a face to spoil my day. With Caira on my side I never thought about anything else. I was so contented with my perfect life. I think I should move on now. She's given me enough of rejection last night.

"Hey dude lets meet Carlos and congratulate him" Jack told putting his hand on my shoulders in a bro code way.

"Carlos won!" I asked him surprised that the game ended too soon and it was then I realized that the audiences were now moving from their places, most of them had already reached the exit door.

"It was a straight one. He won 21 to 5. What were you doing? Daydreaming" he said sarcastically.

'I know I know I am lost but ..." I stared at that ugly girl.

"Oh the same insecure ugly duckling from last night. Seems like she's scared you huh." He said chuckling and added "I told ya that she keeps on writing when you are playing and she is here too. I wonder why. May be she's a sport freak."

One thing was sure this girl had attracted a great amount of my curiosity which I think she doesn't deserve at all. But what does she keep on writing?

I ignored her thoughts and went to Carlos where we congratulated him giving him a manly hug and chatted for quite a while. I also invited him to my basket ball match which was day after.

With his victory he was crowded by lot of girls who were throwing them at him and I was also not spared as few of them started hitting on me too. I have to get used to this too. Earlier with Caira, no one would dare to hit on me. Even if they tried Caira would give them looks that were so venomous that they would instantly backup for their own good.

We left for college thereafter where I did my physical training first followed by basket ball practice.

'''''''*'''''''''''''''''

Shyna's pov.

"Come baby" I called my only friend, my only companion and the only person I can trust. Yes a man's only best friend and a loyal one too. Spike, he is my only friend, a German shepherd whom I can always rely on. His huge body and growling voice is so intimidating that people keep off him and gradually they keep away from me too. Yes I like to be a nerd, an ugly duckling which people have nicknamed me as I hear them call when I pass by. Most of them also feel that once they see me it's a bad omen, but I like it. This is actually what I want. I want to be aloof from the entire world, away from every single human being as all of them are bound to deceive you eventually. This world is not worth living for. But I am a curse for myself. I cannot even die as it would only add to miseries. It was better if I died there on or was lost somewhere that I couldn't be backing home. I had been through worst so nothing could have been worse. Why do I have everything that I do not need?