Chapter 31 Definition Of Love

Chapter 31

Definition Of Love

Davidson's pov

Sometimes we tend to hurt the ones we love in the gest of doing the best for them! Ironical!

"You did not fail as a mother." The man with an intimidating personality, a bit of known face as if I had seen him somewhere said as he sat down besides the two precarious girls.

His face clean shaved and his branded shirt that gave the smoke of his wealth but his weary eyes and slumped shoulders contradicted his appearance.

The blotchy red orbits of his eyes made him equally vulnerable like two girls who were slumped on the floor in front of me.

"I failed as a father." He said in a choked voice as he too slumped on the floor.

Like a decked up puppet whose strings were cut, his huge frame on the body fell on the floor.

"I am so sorry. I now realize what I did was wrong. The source of my income was wrong. Even if I was successful in my film directions, I continued the business for quick money. I am so sorry." The man stated.

It was then I realized why he looked familiar he was Steve Hollsberg- One of the directors of Hollywood and had quite a reputation in the industry.

Now I got the understanding why Shyna stated that her father wanted her to be quiet and not disclose what happened to her as it would affect the family's reputation and if the media caught that he was a part of human trafficking, his career in Hollywood would have ruined, he'd been constrained and his family would also had to suffer.

But was this a justification for the evil business that he was doing?

"I failed when I told you to shut yourself and not fight against those monsters. I failed when I got your child aborted. Had he been alive May be" he paused gulping his tears trying to express "maybe you'd have tried to live, tried to come out of your dark lines. I failed. I failed and I am so so sorry for it."

While Shyna hid her face on the crook of her mom's shoulders, her mom stared at the person who supposedly was her husband, her children's father and more importantly he was a criminal.

All she had was hatred in her eyes for the person whom I guess she loved dearly till the date on the calendar today.

"I accept that I am guilty and I am fully aware that any kind of apology won't be enough for your forgiveness but still I need to try." He said.

"Please for once listen to me Shyna" he begged addressing her. Her mom tightened her grip not letting her daughter face any kind of pain that she'd hidden all these years.

"Once... Last time." He cried helplessly.

Shyna the kind of strong girl she is. I guess she decided to man up and get to face with the person whom she loathed to admit as her father.

Opposing my inner self which wanted to hug Shyna take her away from there and if possible kiss all her pain away but my other instincts wanted her to open up in front of her parents, fight all the evil spirits that she had suppressed deep inside her.

I therefore decided to give them their personal space, their family time. Anyways I didn't think I could handle any further grimaces of Shyna's past.

Don't they say that certain things are best under covers? So I wanted to keep myself undercover for the rest of the conversations Shyna was having with her family.

Shyna's pov

I couldn't believe what I saw. But when has life brought believable encounters to me.