Epilogue.

Caladhiel could hear the rather awful attempt at disguising laughter, before she could even see who the owner of the laughter was; truthfully, she already knew. Caladhiel herself, was peacefully sitting outside, the sun was bearing down through the trees, summer was here and the small garden space within the kingdom was flourishing. Likewise, the forest itself was doing well. It never fully recovered from the evil which hung over it for so long, but slowly but surely, parts were regaining their former glory. There was still some trepidation though, of going out that is. The kingdom was still secluded in the small space it always had been, there had been no attempt to branch back out and reclaim what had been lost. Those lands were left to nature, and nature had slowly started to take it back.

Those within Mirkwood did find it was easier to move about, and venture through their lands though. Because of Esgaroth being reclaimed too, some even ventured down there if the feeling to do so took them. There was definitely a little more freedom, even if when night came everyone was shut up and locked safely within the kingdom, with the guards still in place and patrols still happening. Most of the nests from the spiders though had been destroyed. It seemed some still tried their luck, if only to quickly perish because they'd get flushed out and killed. It was a constant, something which still happened, evil was still trying to grasp onto this land, and the elves had a better hand at coping now; especially now that the shade within their old home had been all but eradicated and banished.

Caladhiel shook her head, she turned the page of her book, and she tried to ignore the quiet giggle. It was hard to do so, even more so when it came from the tree branch above her. Caladhiel reminded unfazed, nonchalant even, even when a form suddenly flopped in her vision. Upside yes, but the wide grin on the small face was incredibly evident in thinking they had snuck up on her. Caladhiel started, pretending to be startled, there was more laughter before her new companion turned and fell from the branch with ease.

Héra put her hands on her hips, grinned and stuck her head up rather defiantly. "Got you! Made you jump, did I not, nana?" Caladhiel shut her book, Héra, looking more like a wild child than an elf just grinned her way still. Héra was very much her mother's daughter, Caladhiel couldn't say otherwise. She had Liruliniel's eyes, yet her hair was more a strawberry blonde tone, not as harshly light as Thranduil's, yet not as warm as Liruliniel's. Héra's was like a soft in between of the two, yet her mannerisms were definitely more Liruliniel than Thranduil. Caladhiel could see Liruliniel in the small elf girl before her. And that wasn't just because of her facial expressions and mannerisms, it was the fact that she too ran about bare foot, in a simple tunic which had clearly had the sleeves cut off, with a small wooden sword strapped to her back. It was the same sword Bodur had gifted Liruliniel with, and she in turn had gave it to her daughter. Caladhiel to this day didn't and doesn't know whether that was wise seems when Héra was a bit younger, she ran about waving it in the air and subsequently whacked and smacked a few people.

If anyone was to look at the child, they'd see a very happy child of about seven, even if she came off a lot more serious at times. Caladhiel just supposed that was whatever traits from her father she inherited trying to come through. Yet Liruliniel shone more, Héra really was her daughter. That wasn't to say the second coming of Liruliniel struggled as much as Liruliniel herself did when she was that age. Sure, Héra tried to avoid lessons with Caladhiel, she remembered that too well from her mother, but Héra had the advantage of having not only both her parents, but an extended family too.

Caladhiel remembered the moment all too well in which Liruliniel sought her out. It had been a couple of days after she had returned home. Caladhiel did have to say she seemed a little tired, Liruliniel waved a hand nonchalantly in the air with a laugh. "Building a dwarven kingdom isn't easy! Not to mention the journey home!" Caladhiel had given her that look, the no nonsense look, she didn't believe her. Liruliniel's smile slipped, she had sat opposite Caladhiel in her small lodgings and looked suddenly really quite small, vulnerable even. Caladhiel could still see that small girl she had watched grow up, and it was for that reason that she knew something was bothering her. She could try and fob her off, but Caladhiel would eventually get to the root of the problem. "I'm no longer singular, it isn't just me I have to worry about." Liruliniel's tone was awkward, Caladhiel had been a little confused before watching Liruliniel's hand glide over her stomach.