04

Thranduil wasn't under any illusion, considering how Liruliniel's attention seemed to flit from one thing to another, he didn't think she'd exactly be the best student ever. However, through Caladhiel's shock of her being present, she wasn't surprised the young girl didn't seem to pay attention, but where she shocked Caladhiel more, Liruliniel was caught writing notes down. In fact, if asked a question, she'd answer. She may not look like she was listening, but she really was. He hadn't pinned Liruliniel to being complex, he wasn't trying to be rude, but he didn't. Her motives, her words everything about her was incredibly easy to understand. Yet on the flip side, she had a habit of proving his estimations about her wrong.

She may have surprised him when it came to lessons of an academic nature. But physical? Training was another matter. Everyone who knew of Liruliniel knew that she spent most of the time within Ered Luin with dwarves. It hadn't caused problems, she hadn't got in the way and really, everyone seemed rather taken with her in a way. Maybe because she acted so differently to the other elves which had come to inhabit the same land as them? Thranduil didn't know. But he dreaded to think what habits she picked up from them when it came to fighting. Surely she had witness sparring matches which they had? This was definitely going to be interesting. And interesting it was, Hérion hadn't been pleased, yet he was silent. He couldn't go against something which came from his king. Still didn't mean he'd want to train his daughter. But if not him, then who? Knowing Liruliniel she'd probably pester Thalion.

For all Hérion knew, she'd even just sit and watch and take mental notes. Maybe even sneak a weapon somehow and train on her own, she was more likely to injure herself if she did that. But instead, having private training sessions was something which was limited to very few. Thalion was present here as well, being that he was perhaps at a same skill level as Thranduil, along with being a similar build, age and height.

Thalion, unlike his father, had burst out laughing when the two appeared. Mainly because Liruliniel was clearly talking a million miles an hour up at Thranduil. She was talking at him, not to him. There was a definitive difference, and it was one Thranduil just seemed to have a calm face over. Yet his eyes looked hardened, even Thalion could tell his friend was getting steadily annoyed. Liruliniel was trying his patience, and honestly, Thalion hoped he hadn't had to put up with his sister for too long.

Of course, neither father or son knew that Thranduil had had to have Liruliniel with him for most of the day. It was really testing his patience, that was for sure. Not that Thranduil was an angry person, but much like his father, he was able to spark into annoyance over something so suddenly that it could happen in a blink of an eye.

Thalion threw an arm around his sister's shoulders, she beamed up at him and he just grinned in return. Was he happy she was getting her way? Of course. Was he actually happy? No, but he wouldn't say, of course the last thing he'd ever want is for his sister to have to face battle. The thought of her hurt, or worse turned his stomach. He would do whatever was in his power to save, and protect her. But she was getting her way, and he wouldn't stop her. Even if their father may still try and deter.

Much like Thranduil, he didn't have much hopes of Liruliniel being any good first time around. He wasn't saying she wasn't a quick learner, but he sort of had the inkling their father would expect more from her, just to perhaps prove a point that she was out of her league. And how did Liruliniel react to all of this? With an eager smile and slow rocking on her heels as she listened intently to Hérion, she was taking this so far in her stride. But for how long exactly? Thalion knew full well she was a sore loser. She'd only take getting beaten so many times before she'd get frustrated.

Regardless, Thalion and Thranduil were left to their own devices. Although Thalion looked over to where his father was kneeling in front of his sister. A stern expression on his face, as he no doubt was speaking sternly to her, all with a stern voice and all. He was going full on father mode here and he pitied Liruliniel having to listen. Though, by her expression, she didn't seem to take it to heart. Wide eyes with excitement, a smile still in place as she nodded her head listening to him.