16

Liruliniel hadn't ever met another elf-Lord before. But then again, she hadn't exactly met her king until these recent years. Those in the position of being higher-up, were allusive to her. Seeing them from a distance was the usual, never being up close and personal. How times had changed now, she stood with her arms crossed behind her back still in her guard attire. She had made an effort to make herself more presentable, that and Thranduil had said that if she was going to be discussing serious matters with the Elrond, then she'd have to look ready for it.

She didn't get what he meant, and it took Vanadessë blatantly telling Liruliniel with a laugh that she had smudges of dirt on her cheeks, no doubt remnants from the spider's egg that she then itched her face and it transferred over. Not only that, her hair looked a bit tangled and windswept. Vanadessë had insisted on sorting that out, but she was not going to be like a mother hen and clean her dirty cheeks. That task was on Liruliniel, and Liruliniel alone.

For about half an hour Liruliniel sat wincing, grumbling, and looking annoyed while Thranduil took up reading his book again. Though he raised an eyebrow every now and again, and his eyes flicked sidelong at the pair. He had said that if she combed her hair regularly, she wouldn't have tangles. Which led to Liruliniel's response of: "Not all of us can have perfect hair, like you." This had made Vanadessë laugh behind her, she was clearly trying to keep her laughter down but with her laughing, Liruliniel joined in. Especially considering the blank look which came from Thranduil.

Liruliniel had done a lot of rushing about, she did comb her hair regularly, not that she was raising to the bait which he set out. She took great efforts to present herself, despite what others may think or say otherwise. Her hair was a rich auburn that seemed to simmer like a low ebbing fire, in the sunlight there were lighter streaks, some varying from brown to almost blonde in certain light. The thick locks travelled down her back, and rested against her hips. Most of the time she'd braid it all together, many small braids leading into one. Having it down and out just wasn't practical in her mind, so why everyone didn't follow her thought process, she just didn't know. But she now had to allow Vanadessë to sort her hair out, and she seemed to not put it in her customary style.

Vanadessë's nimble fingers had combed and braided and then patted her shoulders, deeming her ready. Most of Liruliniel's hair was down, two braids ran from her temples downwards and even as she stood in the small study she could feel the rest of her hair weighing against her neck. It just didn't feel right to her, but if the two royal elves nodded in agreement that she was ready, then who was she to question them? Although to be fair, they were perhaps two elves she could get away with questioning.

In all honesty, Liruliniel was not sure what she was expecting; Elrond was not as she expected, but by the way his eyes assessed her, it was clear the feeling was mutual. She wasn't expecting such a serious faced elf, just like he wasn't expecting someone so young - that much was clear to both. Although his expression was serious, almost severe as he clearly thought to himself, there was a lightness in his eyes that deducted the aura of graveness that was around him. Much like Oropher, Elrond's eyes were a light blue colour, although in this light they seemed to be verging more into a light lavender. Either way, it was a beautiful colour, that she couldn't deny. Unlike Oropher however, Elrond's hair was brunette in colour, the two when standing side by side couldn't look more opposite.

Was she expecting someone like Oropher? Liruliniel wasn't sure. Each elf had a lineage hailing from somewhere, sometimes even of a different source. So of course the two important elves before her weren't going to appear to be similar. This silence was getting to her, and her eyes flicked to Oropher who just stood there expressionless with his arms by his sides. She frowned slowly, someone had to break this silence and she had hoped it would be her king.