63

Stiffly arching her back, Liruliniel winced, perhaps sleeping against the windowsill was not the wisest thing after all; she probably would've been better off in one of the chairs near the fire. Cracking open an eye, she squinted against the peaking sun rays which were coming through the white clouds outside. It looked like it was going to be a beautiful day, the sky was still rosey, pale pinks melded perfectly with light baby blue hues and the sun was lazily rising out and from behind fluffy white clouds.

Pushing away from the wall, she stretched her arms out in front of herself before resting them in between her knees. Her mind drifted as she just stared outwards at the town, noises from beyond the pane of glass signalled to her that others were waking too. Her fingers deftly plucked and twiddled pieces of fur of the blanket as she looked suddenly to the side, loud footsteps came running down the stairs and she wasn't surprised to see Tilda.

The young girl still looked a little bed ruffled, yet she had on a clean dress, her doll was in her arms and her hair was flowing down her back in soft waves. A call of her name and Sigrid appearing, brush in hand, also signalled to Liruliniel that the young girl came down here so quickly to possibly escape her sister doing her hair. Liruliniel smiled and swung her legs over the window seat, she couldn't comment on that, she had only ever been the one to do her hair.

"You're still here!" Tilda all but beamed her way, avoiding her sister and darting around the table and standing to Liruliniel's side. Liruliniel leaned her forearms against her knees and nodded slowly, still coming to the land of the awake and with it slowly. She combed a hand through some of her own wayward locks of hair before watching Tilda eye her weapons with a sly eye, walking around she jumped slightly and sat beside her.

"I have nowhere else to go, yet. Did you think I would spirit away in the night?" Liruliniel asked with a smile, she was quite fond of this girl's bubbly attitude. So far, she hadn't seen Tilda look anything but happy, joyous like a child should be. That pang in her heart reappeared, Liruliniel frowned and looked over her shoulder with a troubled look.

"What is it?" Sigrid asked, noticing the look on the elf's face too. She placed the brush on the table and looked to the side when her father's bedroom door opened. Bard came out dressed and ready for the day, he was finishing tying some of his hair back, a confused look on his face. He clearly thought he had interrupted something because of the looks on all the female's faces.

"I need to find Thorin," Liruliniel turned and looked at Bard, he tilted his head, his face deadpanned. He didn't seem to appreciate that, or agree. He personally didn't see what else could be said to the dwarf to get him to listen. He was hell-bent on getting home, and likewise bringing dragon fire to the world. Standing and turning, she commenced tidying herself for the day and whatever events may come from it. "May I?" She asked awkwardly while pointing at the brush, Sigrid picked it up and gave it to her.

"What do you intend to say, or do?" Bard asked, taking over sorting breakfast out for his family. Sigrid seemed content to do so, but he ushered her to sit down at the table.

Liruliniel painstakingly undid all the braids in her hair, a task which had Tilda watching with wide eyes. She seemed utterly enthralled, Liruliniel smiled her way before running the brush through when she was done. "I intend to ask if he spoke to the Master, if he tried and if he succeeded." Liruliniel said, watching Bard turn around once he placed the kettle on the heat to boil.

He leaned back against the counter to the side of the small hob, arms crossed against his tunic shirt and looked at her knowingly, even a small smirk in place. "I believe we already know the answer to that."

Liruliniel frowned, "I must know."

"Why?" Bard was curious, he knew the likelihood of Thorin asking the Master to listen to a possible evacuation being put in place was as unlikely as the dwarf suddenly learning to fly.