33

In the middle of the Saturday, I am still lying in my bed and helplessly looking at the ceiling when my phone rang.

I didn't give it attention and let it ring until it stops, but it's ringing multiple times that made me answer the call. The hell! I am not in the mood!

I immediately took it from the bedside table and I clicked the answer button.

Itinatapat ko ang cellphone sa aking tainga. "Hello, who's this?" walang kagatol-gatol na sagot ko, anumang oras ay ibababa ko ang tawag.

"Hello, Trishtan." My temple knotted. I am hoping it was Meg but it turned out that the voice was from a guy.

I sighed.

"Who are you? How did you get my number?"

Narinig ko ang pagbuntong-hininga ng nasa kabilang linya. "Trishtan, this is me, Adrian."

The moment he said his name, I ended the call. I put it again to my bedside table.

How the hell he got my number? Freak! I don't have anything to talk about with him. There's no way I will talk to him.

But only seconds passed and my phone rang again. I immediately took it and answered the call.

"What the hell, Adrian? What do you really want?"

Bumuntong-hininga na naman siya. "I need to talk to you because I need to settle things with you."

"Settle what, Adrian? You are planning something bad for me, aren't you?"

"No. Listen, Trishtan. I need to talk to you in person. I have something important to tell, okay?" His voice is telling me that it is urgent.

"Why don't you tell that in call? You can fucking tell me that now. What's with the personal talk?"

"This is important, okay?" he insisted.

"I won't come, you idiot. You can't fool me anymore!"

Kahit hindi niya ako nakikita ay napangisi ako. 

"I am not fooling you, okay? You choose, I know you will come because if not, this is going to be your end."

Dahil sa sinabi niyang iyon ay nabuhay ang interes sa katawan ko. Ayoko man pero parang mapipilitan ako.

Hindi ako nagsalita.

"Meet me at the place where you saw us— me and Meg talking. I will be waiting for you."

I tsked. "Tinatamad ako."

"Okay, I will wait, still."

Then he ended the call. Napangiwi na lamang ako. Now, he's doing something I have no choice but to go with the flow. Fuck his urge!

Pabagsak kong inilagay ang aking cellphone sa lamesa. Saka ako nagtalukbong ng kumot.

Matutulog na lamang ako. Tama, mas magandang iyon ang gawin ko para hindi na ako maistorbo ng kahit na sino.

Ngunit ilang minuto na ang lumipas pero hindi pa rin ako makatulog. Kahit anong pilit ko ay hindi ako dalawin ng antok.

Argh! Ginising niya ang kuryosidad ko! Napabalikwas ako ng bangon mula sa kama.

Mabilis na nagtungo ang kamay ko sa cellphone ko. I hastily called the number that called me a while ago.

In a cue, he answered the call.

Narinig ko kaagad ang kaniyang pagngisi. Tsk! Niloloko niya lang yata ako! "I will go now, I'll just take a bath. Bibilisan ko na lang."

"Sinasabi ko na nga ba at hindi ka rin makatitiis."

SPIKING THE PAIN (Varsity Series #1) (PUBLISHED)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें