31

Drinking in the bar alone will never be a bad idea to forget problems. I am thankful to these liquors in front of me. They saved me this night from suffering to anxiety.

I want to talk with someone, but I want to be alone, too. This is the saddest night I ever had in my whole life. Tremendous pain is eating my wholeness. . . and I can't stop it. I have drink lots of liquor but the pain is still inside.

I want to be naive for now. I want to be stress-free.

I have confronted my parents earlier. Though I am drunk, I can still remember what we talked about.

Flashback

"Dad, are you hiding things from us?"

We are in the sala. We just finished our dinner earlier.

He's wearing a plain black shirt. His temple knotted. His thick eyebrow almost connect with each other.

"What are you talking about, son?"

Nailing ako. Nag-iwas ako ng tingin. I cleared my throat. "Am I your only son? Or I have a brother or sister?"

There's no reason to hide this thing. This must be revealed and I know the right time is now.

Shock was written on their faces. Mom beside her looked at him, too.

"What are you talking about?" He still managed to ask that! The hell!

I bit my lower lip. My eyes started to produce hot liquid.

"Just answer my question, Dad! Do I have a sister or brother?" I shouted.

"Where did you get that news?"

"Just please, Dad. Just answer my question. The answer is simple. Oo at hindi lang, Dad!"

Pinunasan ko ang luha sa aking mata. Si Mom ay tila hindi nabibigla sa sinabi ko. His face paled.

Ang bilis ng tibok ng puso ko. Tila nasasagot ko na ang aking tanong.

Our eyes met. His eyes were bothered. He stepped forward and try to extend his hands on me but I refused to let him.

"So, it's true," napatatangong ani ko. Nawawalan ako ng amor sa kanila.

"S-Son," he uttered.

"Just tell me, Dad. . . Is it true?"

Niyanig ang buong pagkatao ko nang dahan-dahan siyang tumango. I am hoping that it wasn't true, but it's fucking true!

"Yes, son. It's true-"

"And you know it, Mom?" I averted my gaze to Mom.

She's crying, too. She slowly nodded. "Yes, you have a sister, Trish, but I am not the mother."

Fuck! I looked up to the ceiling. I can't believe that this is happening. One of the men I am looking up to just did something wrong in the past.

I smiled bitterly. "Don't tell me you know, too, that she already died."

My anger was coming not only because they hid something from me. I am mad, too, because I haven't even seen my sister. I have the right to see her, I guess.

"S-She died because of bone cancer, Trish!"

"What the fuck, Dad!"

Isang malakas na sampal ang natanggap ko mula sa kaniya.