Twenty-one

HAHAHAHAHA I CANT STOP LAUGHING AT THE GIF

and guys listen to the video even though it's over eleven minutes long i servery love it sooooo much

Bilbo Baggins was indeed there, standing at the door. He cleared his throat and stepped inside the room, closing the door behind him.

"Hello," he said with a light wave.

Anne stared at him incredulously. "How... what... when...?"

Bilbo held up a finger and fished through his pocket, pulling out a golden ring. Anne felt something funny, but she shook it off. Instead, she frowned.

"A ring," she said nonchalantly.

Bilbo rolled his eyes. "It's a magic ring."

Anne raised an eyebrow with a smirk. "Eh? Prove it."

He nodded and slipped the ring on his middle finger. Anne blinked once, and he was invisible. She jumped off the windowsill and took a few steps forward, reaching out as if trying to touch him. She gasped when she felt him grab her hand. A smile tugged at her lips.

"Sick," she murmured, returning her hand to the side. "Is that what you found at the tunnels?"

Bilbo turned visible again. "Yeah, I was just a little scared as to tell Gandalf."

Anne thought for a few moments. She beamed when she had an idea. "We can get the Dwarves out of here."

Bilbo frowned. "How?"

"You've done your fair share of walking around the palace, right?" Anne asked.

Bilbo nodded. "Yes," he answered. "Downstairs in the cellar, the Keeper of the Keys is there. I could snatch them, but Thranduil is pacing around downstairs and I can't get by him."

Anne sighed. "You need a distraction."

Bilbo bit his lip. "Please?"

Anne didn't want to, but she knew she had to. "Fine," she grumbled, taking off her leather jacket. "Is it just me, or is it hot?"

"You're probably just really nervous," Bilbo said, slipping his ring on.

"Makes sense." Anne opened the door, gesturing for the invisible Hobbit to leave. "After you."

She couldn't see the look Bilbo was giving her, but she did feel Bilbo tapping her nose in a teasing manner. Anne chuckled to herself and exited her room, closing the door behind her. She turned left and followed the flight of stairs that lead to the cellar, ignoring the whoops and the hollers as Mereth Nuin Giliath took place. She slowed down when she was near the bottom, listening for Thranduil. Was he even there?

"I know you are there," said his deep and smooth voice, and Anne let out a deep and silent breath through her nose. "Why do you linger in the shadows?"

Anne straightened her shoulders and stepped into the light. "I was just exploring," she said honestly. She could feel Bilbo try and sneak behind her.

Thranduil turned his head to the side and frowned. "Exploring, you say?" he said, unconvinced.

"Yes," Anne said, lacing her fingers together in attempt not to slaughter her father. "Or should I be cooped up in my room the whole time?"

Thranduil shook his head, but then whirled around when he heard something slip near the entryway to the cellars. Anne held her breath; Bilbo was in, and now all he needed to do was get the keys... in some way shape or form.