My Understandings (Of Mice & Men)

My green eyes glanced scanning the ocean blue seas before me. I had never admired such beauty. The fact that my body will collide with its riches, the last I’ll ever do. Soon, the feelings washed into my system, and created this sorrow I’ve knew for all my life. Nobody cares, nobody knows what it is like to feel alone, unwanted and ugly like I do. Why me? Why choose the one who’s already suffering at home, at school, at every corner at every street. When I’m alone, I feel... much more capable of breathing. When I’m around people, their eyes just sing disgrace at me. Yeah, pick at the girl that’s short, wears all black clothing, and glistening green eyes that say help printed upon them. Why can’t nobody understand the pain fluttering and pounding in my veins? Probably because nobody really has lived it, or maybe hides it under their own personalized facade just for reputation.

Everyone judged the girl with long green hair, green eyes, and her thoughts about the world. My ways were different than the others, and I was completely misunderstood since the day I say light and said my first words. All my likes, my dislikes, everything I was judged for. I never found anybody who completely understood me, and said “I know how you feel.”

And I was tired of waiting.

Life was eating me, slowly.

I took a step closer, letting the tears escape my eyes and make its way down my cheeks. My heart filled with sorrow and hesitation, but I was very positive on the outside. Darkness surrounded the bridge, but the moon illuminated my whole entire body. I gulped and took another step closer, my feet getting closer to the very edge. I admit, I was very afraid and I was having second thoughts.

But I wanted to escape. To finally feel free and no longer walking the grounds that cause me pain.

Come On Elizabeth, jump off. DO IT ALREADY.

“If it’s that you’re thinking of doing, please wait.”

My body completely froze, but jerked forward feeling scared. I shut my eyes and got ready for the wetness. But I didn’t feel it. There was a hand wrapped around my wrist, bringing me back. Soon I felt being in the arms of someone. It felt very nice... So this is how it feels.

I opened my eyes and looked deep into brown eyes of a young man, probably older than me. I didn’t knew what to do, if either push him back or stay in his arms. I never knew the feeling of being hold like this, protectively. I never knew the taste of it. Until now.

“I’m sorry if I freak you out, but.. once I saw you about to jump off, I had to say something.” He replied softly, slowly letting me go.

But I didn’t wanted him to let me go. I wanted to remain in the arms of this stranger, even if I didn’t knew him. He seems to care more than any of those people out there.

“Why?” I croaked. “You don’t know me.” I whispered.

He nodded a little, “Maybe I don’t honey,” He replied, “But it’s worth knowing you.”

I couldn’t believe my ears, I was shocked and surprised. “I don’t even know you.” I said looking down at the ground.

“Tell me why you were going to jump off,” He said.

I looked back at him, “Why do you care anyway?” I said bitterly.

He looked into my eyes and said, “Because I’ve been through it. But..”

I stared at him, his tattoos, his tall figure.

“It gets better. It always gets better. Life will never put you through more than you can handle.”

 ~ ~ ~

Rain: I just had the idea of it.. Oh gosh v.v But anyway, this is just the beginning! :D Vote and comment if you liked it :) Pleeasewezie? :D

~Rain<3