~ Chapter 14 ~

It's been so long I have uploaded another chapter for this story, and I'm uploading one that'll probably break your heart. I'm so evil, haha... Oh god. But, I promise, this is not the end. I love ya

trigger warning: violence (for the beginning)

* * *

-flashback-

"This. Is. What. You. Get."

A heavy fist strikes my stomach, leaving me without a breath. I heave, trying to take in the air, but everything around me is a blur, and my head feels ten times more heavier than it was minutes ago.

"For getting in the way."

Another heavy pound to the jaw, and now the world spins faster. The warm blood in my mouth becomes sour, I just spit it out, only for the cuts on my lips to burn. Then, comes in the pain on my face continuing to build up as the blossoming bruises on my face spread even more. I'm zoned out to the point where I can feel the throbbing of my blood circulating. It has slowly become a headache, adding onto the concussion I got from being slammed onto the floor before this. But I'm held by two guys, as another tortures me.

I stop myself from pleading them to stop, knowing they won't.

Soon, I'm thrown to the ground once again, and the black spots in my vision start consuming it all. My breathing becomes steady, and I'm only left with silence. Until I hear screaming, and recognize it as Austin's. I hear his angst through his clenched words, followed by rapid movements, and bones breaking.

I hear muffled screams, but they weren't Austin's. I try to grip the concrete, and push myself up, and I do. I slowly look up to see the blurry figures clashing against each other, fists flying everywhere, and bodies falling to the ground. The tallest figure stands, and I blink a couple of times to notice that it was Austin. He grips onto one of the boy's collar, throwing several punches to their face, and the boy not doing anything about it.

Until, he's the last one standing, coated with a bit of blood stains. I fall back onto the cold concrete, feeling my heartbeat, and hearing it in my ears.

"Elizabeth?" Austin calls out, and his voice echoes.

I lay there, just listening as he runs towards me, crouching over, engulfing me in his large arms. "Elizabeth, please." he persuades, holding my cheek with his hand, caressing it with his thumb. "These bastards will not get away with it, I promise." he clenches under sobs, and muffled tears.

I can't saying anything.

But I can hear him growl, and scream in so much anger.

I can hear the ambulance coming, and Austin picks me up.

Why does this keep happening to me?

* * *

Nothing is peaceful and perfect, but the blissful sound of the ocean waves.

If you ever go to the beach, and lie down on the sand, and just close your eyes... You can hear that little whistling sound that the air makes as it whirls throughout the land, from the ocean. You can also hear the occurring washing waves of the ocean come and go, creating bubbles as it does so. When there isn't people around, that's the only thing you hear besides your breathing, and that's perfect.

Not many people realize the beauty in being alone.

Having to socialize is stressful, as well as friendships. Maybe, at first, it doesn't look like it, but the commitment is critical. The consequences are having to put up with a lot of drama, and blah blah...