~Chapter 11~

~flashback~

"I'm just going to sneak into my room, and as soon as I get my stuff, I'll be out." I whispered, holding onto his hand tight. Austin nodded, and looked up at my window, noticing it was dark inside. "Okay, make it quick." He whispered, and I nodded. I swirled around, and quickly started climbing up the tree near my window. It wasn't easy, but I managed to get to the nearest branch stood near the edge of the window. Austin was looking at me, protectively, a little scared if I accidentally fall off the branch. What I loved about him was that, he cared. And that's the first thing that amused me of him. 

In an instant, I had opened the window slowly yet quickly, that lead me into my room. It's still the same way I left it. Which was strange, because I expected it to be all messed up if my parents had noticed my absence. What if.. they left? No, knowing them they wouldn't have just left me. But would they? Would they have thought I was dead, due to the needle they buried into my neck? Would they...? 

I shook my head, and climbed inside. My combat boots had created a small thud, motioning me to immediately start packing my stuff if my parents were in the house. I grab my clothing, all my personal stuff, my iPod and its charger, my phone and etcetera. Soon I felt heavy steps coming for the staircase.

"ELIZABETH!?"

My eyes widened in complete terror, my teddy bear slipping from my grasp. I lung towards the window, and throw my bag out the window.

Soon, the door swung open revealing my father in pajamas. His eyes boiled in anger; in fury, his body shook tense. He was nearly fuming, and lunged forward. I instinctively, threw myself out the window, pushing my legs to jump off the edge. Austin's eyes widened, and he immediately threw his arms around me in order to catch me. And he did, causing us to fall to the ground. A gasp left out my lips, and a huff from Austin.

"Elizabeth! Get back here!"

I quickly jumped off Austin, and grabbed my bag, and took his hand and ran off with him. 

I hear my heartbeat in my ears, and the quickening of my breath and Austin's. I looked over my shoulder as we ran away, slowly leaving my house behind. I looked over, seeing that we were already heading elsewhere, but far away from my house. What a relief. We slowed our pace, but never let go of each other's hand. For me, it felt like if I ever did, I would be taken away. And I didn't wanted that. 

Soon my breathing regulated, and my heartbeat became normal. We officially stopped, and the grip on my bag released, causing the bag to fall to the ground. I sighed and glanced up at Austin, seeing that he was breathing hard.

"Phew! What a relief." He breathed out, glancing down at me.

I nod, gulp, and force a smile, "I know."

We looked over, seeing the bus arriving at it's stop nearby us.

"Let's go," He whispered, getting a good hold of my hand.

I nod, and bent over to grab my bag, and so we ran off to catch our bus.

~end of flashback~

As I opened my eyes, I met with his eyes. Trying to not ever lose contact, but a blurry vision due to the droplets sneaking into my eyes. I blinked, and bit my lip inching closer. But he held me back a little, but took me to safety.

We arrived backstage of the Auditorium, all drenched and out of breath. As we passed by, I managed to see our reflection through a glass mirror. My cheeks were blushing pink, and my hair cascaded down my back all wet and curled up. Also as my clothing, all stuck on me like if it was another layer of skin on me. My shoes felt soaking wet, for sure. I could also tell Austin was too. He shifted in his shoes after we stopped at our tracks, a bit uncomfortable, for sure. I bit my lip, and looked at him at the corner of my eye. I parted my lips to say something, but a squeaky voice all too familiar interrupted us.