Operation Crystal: Meeting 104

"Wow, I think we actually did something right this time," Nereza remarked sarcastically, examining the details of the throne room.

"Well, that's only because the two most powerful people happened to go missing," Specter muttered.

"Just go with it! We seized Canterlot in under five minutes. That's the new record for capturing a city."

He shrugged, leaning against a pillar. Ugh. Specter killed all the fun. Couldn't they be satisfied for one minute?

"Let's get down to business," Specter told her.

"No victory party?" Nereza asked him whinily, knowing very well it would annoy him.

His eyes glowed red with anger.

"Ok, geez." Nereza paced over to the thrones. There were two of them. One was the pale yellow of the sun, the other a midnight blue. Both were encrusted with jewels.

I can be queen for one day, Nereza smirked, taking a seat in the pale yellow one. I'm gold, baby!

"Can we even call this an Operation Crystal meeting?" Specter asked. "Elvira isn't here."

"Of course we can. We're semi-functioning adults. Besides, she's busy fighting the alliance," Nereza said. "What's new?"

"Sombra took over the Crystal Empire," Specter told her. "And....defeated Celestia and Luna."

"Excuse me?" Nereza snorted. Even after visiting the Wish Granter's Hut, there was no way he could be that powerful.

"I know, it's crazy. He's really, really strong. I tried to fight him off, but I had to run away to avoid capture. It's likely that he's using a lot of dark magic to be able to do so. Which means, after he uses it, he's very weak and needs to recover. So what's our plan?" Specter asked.

"We actually have a few options. One is, we go to the Crystal Empire and try to take it back. The other is to stay here for now," Nereza suggested.

"Sombra managed to take down both Napoleon and Ebony at the same time. We're both weaker fighters than Napoleon. We can't defeat him." Specter added.

"Sending one of us isn't an option either. And if we do send two, Canterlot will be unguarded, which means it could very well be taken back." Nereza said thoughtfully.

The quiet grating of Specter sharpening his katana echoed through the vast room. Though he wasn't looking at her, Nereza knew Specter was listening.

"So, I'll rank seven of us in terms of fighting abilities from weakest to strongest to see what we can do." Nereza grabbed a pen, chewing on the end.

"One-on-one? Magic and physical fighting combined?" Specter verified.

"Yeah. First Celestia. The only reason it was a close match was because I drained so much energy getting us to the Empire."

Specter jotted down the names. "You're a better fighter than Ebony, but she's better at applying her ability. Yours is hard to use one-on-one," Specter admitted.

"You try freezing time for two days straight," Nereza retorted.

"You try controlling a person without lifting a finger," Specter replied, poking out his tongue at the end.

"Um, I almost died! I had to drink three whole flasks of blood!" Nereza slammed her fist on the table. "Alright. So...me, you and Ebony are pretty close."

"I fought Luna. She's a really strong magician, and a good fighter. I'd say...a little bit above me and Ebony," Specter estimated.

"Napoleon next, obviously. So, that would leave Sombra at the top because of his massive ability boost. Ugh, the Wish Granter must've been in a hella good mood." Nereza made a face.