Chapter 1 - The Morning of...

Disclaimer: I do not own Phineas and Ferb. The use of the OC, Emma Hunter, was approved by the owner Emma aka sunsh1ne1023. Please please please check out her work! It's awesome and you will NOT regret it!

Author's note: Hi all. This is my first fanfiction in a long time! I suddenly got the motivation to do so...and here it is. Please rate, review, follow and all that goodness. I accept all feedback so please share your ideas :)  Now onto the story!

It's a warm summer morning. Over the horizon, the sun creeps up, as if answering the calls of the birds as they quench their thirst with the morning dew; its rays enveloping everything it reaches with its warmth and light. As the skies begin to brighten with every passing second, so too, does the Flynn-Fletcher household.

In one of the rooms upstairs, two boys were sound asleep. The sun's light making its way through the cracks in the curtains, hoping to greet them on another amazing day. As the room slowly fills with light, an alarm clock sits on a bedside table; the colon in the middle, flashing periodically to indicate the onslaught of seconds that pass by. If one were to focus on the flashing of the LED alarm clock, you could start hearing the tick-tock of any other analogue clock. The alarm clock reads "06:57", moving closer to the assigned alarm of "07:00".

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

06:58.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

06:59.

Tick. Tock. Tick- *click*

A hand emerges from the bed beside it and hits the "Off" button on top, just as the alarm clock changes to read 07:00, to indicate he no longer needed the alarm for that day. That same hand threw back the duvet, revealing a boy with a triangular head. One would think the shape of his head would be what made him unique, however, there is more to him than meets the eye when it comes to the boy named Phineas Flynn.

As Phineas' body was exposed to the cool environment outside of his cotton cocooned duvet, he sat upright in his bed. He turned to look at the alarm clock and triumphantly stated, "Hey! I beat you to it again, slowpoke!"

At the corner of his eye, he noticed his brother, Ferb Fletcher, was also sitting upright, stretching his arms skywards to remove some of the stiffness he gained during the night.

As Phineas continued watching his brother shake off the morning tiredness, he recollects just how thankful he was for having Ferb and Lawrence as a brother and a father...not just a STEP-brother or a STEP-father. To him, Ferb and Lawrence ARE his real brother and father and there's nothing more to be said about that. In his mind, he looked back at the times they spent together as father and sons - helping their sister, Candace, parallel park with a monster truck, watching the TV while riding a flying carpet, creating a short film for the Danville Young Filmmakers Festival and many more.

At this moment, Ferb turned to look at his brother staring at the wall in front of their beds, next to the bedroom door. He got out of bed and walked over to Phineas, standing right in front of him. No response from Phineas. He tried waving his hand in an up-down motion in front of Phineas' eyes. Still nothing. He reached into his bedside table for his last resort - a comically huge air horn. Just as he put on his ear protectors and readied his finger to trigger the booming sound of the airhorn, he saw the orange tuft of hair poking out from the side of it. He removed his ear protectors to hear the words "Hey Ferb! I know what we're gonna...what's with the airhorn...?"

Ferb, as always, said nothing and started to put the outrageous apparatus away. Once finished, he looked to Phineas as if to say 'Yes?', Phineas continued by saying "We're gonna make something for mom and dad! As a thank you for everything they've done for our family!"