.found guilty

harry and octavia woke up the next day happier than ever

harry and octavia woke up the next day happier than ever. They had finally put a label on themselves and it made them feel secure, it officially meant that he was hers and she was his. the two were basically destined for each other. they had been friends forever, their moms were best friends and so that instantly made them best friends growing up. when they were in kindergarten they got married with harribo rings. they were really good friends up until when her mom left, when that happened she cut everyone out.

the couples high had stopped when they found out that they were going to have to gather at the church. at this point a gathering were happening every single day, every time it made octavia more anxious, she never knew what was gonna happen. anyone could say anything, anyone could do anything. all she wanted to know was if the suspected killer, who was living in her basement, would be said to be guilty or not guilty.

━━━━━━━━

"i had two decisions to make. two rulings," Allie started the hearing.

it was easy to see that's everyone that was sat in the church felt the same. they were all on edge. if dewey was to be announced guilty then they could go back to whatever normal they wanted to, they didn't have to worry about him anymore. But if dewey was to be announced not guilty then everyone would be on even more edge. no one would trust anyone. there would still be a murderer on the loose and no one knew who that was, it could be someone that was living in your house or someone that they were currently sitting next to.

"first campbell. this court is not about vengeance it's about fairness and justice. the only evidence we have against campbell, which is from dewey himself is unreliable. with the evidence there can be no trial. so last night i ordered that campbell have released from custody." everyone in the church started muttering to each other, clearly not happy with the result. octavia felt the same.

a part of her hated that campbell was getting to walk away fine. seeing campbell walk down the street freely always put her on edge. her living in a town with no police, no one to really protect her made her more anxious than ever. she knew what he was capable of. she wanted campbell for be found guilty, even if it wasn't for killing cassandra, then for what he had done to octavia. he completely ruined her. and she hated that campbell got away with doing so.

"as for dewey, he's been found guilty of murder and the punishment for murder is death," allie stated.

"are you kidding me?" dewey shouted up the blonde girl that was standing in front of him. everyone else seemed to hate this idea as well as they all stood up shouting to allie that she couldn't do that, she she shouldn't do that and that it would be wrong to do so.

Octavia was shocked that them words had came out of her mouth. it was only last night that allie had said that she didn't want to murder someone. it was only last night that she was so opposed to it and that she said it would make her look as bad as him. octavia was glad that she didnt have to fear dewey anymore, but at the same time she feared what would happen to her friends, what would happen to grizz. there was no way that anyone would let them get away with killing dewey.