.bus journey

The oldest King daughter was woken the next morning by the youngest King jumping onto her bed

The oldest King daughter was woken the next morning by the youngest King jumping onto her bed.  She groaned and tried to push her sister off of her, without trying to push her off the bed. Octavia wished she could stay in bed, she didn't want to go on the camping trip, it's the last thing she wanted to do. Her mind had been clouded in thoughts of worry; who was she going to sit next to on the coach? what if something bad happens? what if she gets lost? what if something happens when she's gone?

She had tried to convince her father for hours before to not let her go on the trip, she even went as far to try and get grounded, but he knew what she was trying to do. The only reason she didn't want to go was because she didn't want to be alone. At this moment in time she wished she still had friends.

She was eventually forced out of bed and so she slowly got ready for long bus journey she was about to experience. As soon as she walked out of her house she saw her family already in the car. She strolled over to the front passenger seat, stared at her father and said "it's like you're wanting me gone." He laughed at her and drove his daughters to the high school.

They shortly pulled up to the school and hopped out of their car. Surrounding them were students saying goodbye to their families. Octavia always hated goodbyes, which made her not want to go even more.
She bent down to her younger sister so they were at the same height and then pulled her into a tight hug, "don't be gone too long," the young girl said with sadness in her eyes.

Octavia pulled away from the hug and kissed her sister on the forehead, "i'll be back before you know it, and when i'm back we're going to watch all the disney movies over again and never leave the sofa," she said, making her sister forget about the sadness so she was now showing a big smile.

"I really don't want to go," she sighed rolling her eyes and standing up to face her father.

"Everything will be fine, I will be standing here for when you get back." her father promised her, trying to reassuring her and pulling her into a bone crushing hug.

"Just try to make friends, having friends won't hurt you. Everything will be completely fine if you just find someone to talk to, you have a really long bus journey to make friends," he said pulling out of the hug.

"I love you both, don't have to much fun while i'm gone," she said whilst slowly walking backwards towards the bus. She turned round and slowly made her way towards the bus that was opposite her.

Octavia climbed onto the bus and headed towards the back where she saw an empty seat. She sat down and leaned against the window. In the distance she could see her little sister waving at the busses which made her smile. She couldn't wait to finally be home again.

"Is this seat taken?" she heard someone say, which made her stop staring out of the window. She turned her head slightly to see that it was Grizz.

"no, you can sit here if you want," she said quietly, but loud enough for him hear her.

The buses soon started leaving, causing the students to cheer and wave out of the windows to their loved ones. She looked out of the window one last time to see Amelia and her father, she sighed heavily watching them get back into the car.

"She grown so much," Grizz said, once again breaking her out of her thoughts.

"Yeah she's getting big it's crazy," she replied with a smile on her face.

"How have you been holding up, you know since the situation," he tried making conversation.

She knew exactly what he was talking about, the whole town would know what he was talking about. He meant about her mom leaving.

"I've been better these past few months," she replied looking at him. She hasn't spoke to Grizz in what seemed like forever. The two used to be really good friends, they had pretty much grown up together. The two stopped being friends when Octavia had gotten with Campbell. He was manipulative, which lead to Octavia falling out with the long haired boy. Looking back she regretted ever making that decision, he had been there with her through everything.

No more words were shared between the two, Grizz was talking to his friends, Clark and Jason, who were sitting next to them. Octavia has ended up falling asleep with her head against the window, every now and again holes in the road would cause her hit her head against it making her eyes open wide out of fear.

━━━━━━━━

The brunette girl was woken up by Grizz shaking her. "We're back home, the roads are closed due to a storm," he told the girl as she immediately stood up, excited to be home.

She made her way out of the bus to notice the busses driving off and all the students that were on them standing together at the exact place they were picked up from. She looked around her to see no parents at all. The town was complete darkness other than the street lights. She though it was weird how not one house light was on and that not one single parent was here.

She grabbed her phone and called her father, but it went straight to voice mail. She had hoped that the reason he didn't answer was because he was asleep. She sighed knowing that this meant she had to walk home in the freezing cold. She looked around once more to see if anyone else's parents had shown up, but no it was just the students. Something felt off, she had a gut feeling that something was wrong, seriously wrong.

I underestimated how long
it would take to write chapters,
I appreciate anyone that does
fanfics like this because it takes
a lot of time.
I really hope you like this so far.

I will be adding flashbacks for
parts for like her history to try
and make things more clear.