.changes & committees

Harry's party had started and people had come barging through the door

Harry's party had started and people had come barging through the door. People went straight for the pool and others just went to the garden to chill. The place was filled with people either getting completely wasted or making out with whoever they saw. Octavia guessed this is what freedom felt like, it was literally because they had no one to shout out them for arriving home at stupid hours in the morning. They could now do whatever they wanted, other than leave the town.

Octavia sat on a chair, people around her making out. Harry was talking to Allie and everyone else she knew was busy with their girlfriends. She wanted nothing more then to go home, but she hated the feeling of being lonely. Everyday was the same so far, wake up, discover something weird about this town and then go to sleep. It was like clockwork. She was driving herself insane.

Harry broke her out of her though when he pulled a chair up next to her to talk to her.

"You seem pretty lonely," he interrupted her thought process.

"Yeah well this is what happens when you haven't spoken to anyone at all this year, and thing like this aren't really my thing anymore," she laughed at herself.

"You know you used to be really talkative, seeing this side of you is different," he was intrigued with his old friend.

"Yeah well, having my mom leave me did something to me, I guess I haven't been the same ever since," she sat there playing with the rings on her fingers.

"Now that you're stuck here with the rest of us you can rebuild them friendships, there's nothing stopping you," they ended up staring at each other.

"I don't get it," she looked at him confused.

"You act so different around me compared to everyone else. I see this different side of you that hardly anyone gets too see and I don't see why," she continued.

"I grew up with you, You know me or well used to know me better than everyone else. And to everyone else, I guess I have this image to keep up," he replied.

"That's enough of this talk, I'm done for the night, I just wanna get drunk and not have to worry about anything else for today," she told Harry as he reached over to grab himself and her a drink.

The rest of the night mostly consisted of partying and drinking, Octavia felt happy, the happiest she had been in a long time. Of course she still missed her family but she had believed that she wasn't alone anymore, she had Harry.

Before that day had ended she decided to go home, she didn't want to wake up in random persons bed or wake up in Harry's garden.

Her walk home was silent, other than the sound of her trainers scraping on the floor. She had wrapped Harry's hoodie tighter around her body to try and make her warmer. When she finally got home she went straight to her bed and as soon as her head hit the pillow she fell asleep. She was lucky she had missed the chaos that had happened later that night.