31. Assassination Attempt? (1)

A week had gone by in the blink of an eye. During this time, Asher had attended all of his classes and had a general idea of which classes he should take seriously and which ones he could mostly ignore. History and Magical Theory, for example, were two classes that he wished to excel in. History because of the need to know more about this world and Magical Theory because he hadn't completely given up on learning how to control his magical prowess. He hadn't paid any attention to this class in the past because his inferior magical core made him feel like absolute shit. Asher didn't want to be reminded every day that he couldn't become the powerful man he had always aspired to be.

On the other hand, Asher couldn't care less about Math and Zatheusyl Official Language. Why force himself to learn things he did not need to learn or that he already knew? He would be fine as long as he knew the basics of math and he already knew about their language. Other than those classes, Asher attended Creative Arts class and Magical Application. As the names suggested, Creative Arts focus more on expressing the students' creative individuality while Magical Application was to learn how to effectively use their magic. Asher received a few incredulous glances, and while it made him feel inferior to his peers, he decided to stick with the class no matter what.

It was now time to meet with Zacharia and give him a tour around the school. Asher had made sure to walk throughout the school at least once to remember all of the important details and drew Zacharia a little map detailing which room was which and where he had to go to take his respective classes.

Today would be just Asher and Zacharia since Pithos wasn't going t be around. According to him, he had been given a task via Archer from Zacharia. When Asher asked about it, Pithos told him that he couldn't say much other than that Zacharia would explain things to him later today.

Right now, Asher was waiting at the front of the school entrance for Zacharia's arrival. There were many students who had just woken up and were walking in the direction of the school cafeteria that kept glancing towards Asher in curiosity. Just who was he waiting for?

Almost forty minutes later, Asher could see a carriage in the distance. The carriage, much like Asher's on the day of his arrival, was relatively simple looking. He could only guess that Zacharia wanted to keep a low profile, but with a that judged you in regards of which carriage you arrived in, it would be impossible. The thought of this made Asher laugh softly as the carriage stopped in front of him.

The coachman appeared to be frightened as the door to the carriage opened with a slight force. Out came Zacharia who was wearing the school uniform. A dark green blazer, red wine sweater, light brown button-up shirt, brown khaki pants, and a dark blue tie. The aura he emitted felt totally different than what Asher remembered. It appeared more gentle, albeit just as intimidating as before.

"Good morning, Lord Zacharia. Have you been well?" asked Asher in a polite tone as he slightly bowed. Zacharia nodded before waving the coachman away. The coachman left as quickly as he could as he heaved a heavy sigh of relief.

Zacharia then eyed Asher before speaking. "Just call me Zacharia. We are going to be partners from now on, so it would best to create trust."

"I'll first give you a tour around the school and inform you about which classes you should take. After that, we can talk about whatever you want." 

Zacharia nodded as he walked next to Asher. He had noticed the hidden meaning behind his words: tell me all about the Rising Faeries once we end the tour. Zacharia couldn't help but feel glad that Asher wasn't as stupid as his eldest brother.

Asher first explained the general layout of the school. "Once you entered school premises, you would find the girls' dormitories to the left and the boys' to the right. If you kept walking straight you would enter the building where people took their respective classes. Finally, behind the school building, you could find the training ground and a small forest."