29. History Class (2)

Aziel groaned and complained during the whole walk to the classroom. This caused weird glances to be thrown towards Asher, who was dragging along the noticeably larger Aziel and who was being followed by a dispirited Dashiell.

"Stop complaining so much. You still would've ended up taking this class, so just sit down and shut up."

The trio sat down around the middle of the classroom; not too close to the teacher nor too far away. The classroom itself was relatively large and had tables where four students could sit together instead of singular desks. The chairs were made out of wood and were relatively comfortable, but after a long time of sitting down, it would cause your back to hurt.

Dashiell sighed while lowering his head on the table. "We should've brought pillows with us..."

Asher giggled while sitting in between of Aziel and Dashiell. It was nice to cause a bit of pain to those who made trouble for you.

Not long after, the teacher came in and placed his things on his desk. Aziel and Dashiell collectively groaned as they saw the thick books the teacher had carried in. Asher, on the other hand, was excited. He was still unaware of many things involving this world, despite having lived here his whole life.

In the past, Asher had never been too invested in his studies. He was what others would call a  below-average student. Many said that he only passed his classes because of his parents' high standing. Asher wasn't the only student who was 'slightly below average', actually. He had seen other people who just didn't find any joy whatsoever in any of the classes Staghaven Middle School provided them. Those students pushed on only because of the school's high rate of producing gifted people and the extracurricular classes. Asher was one of these people, staying only because he didn't want to betray his family's expectations and because he wanted to explore his own little world of art.

Even in his other life, Asher was only average in his studies. There was little to no enjoyment present in all of his classes but one: history. Asher was always fascinated by how history had so many twists and turns and how it was always so full of drama and sometimes even pettiness. The one thing he didn't enjoy about the class wasn't the class itself or how the teacher's taught it (although he did have a preference on how it was taught), but how the teachers and higher-ups hid certain parts of history to 'benefit' themselves or the community. Alexander Hamilton and Abraham Lincoln were gay, dammit.

"Good morning, class. I am your history professor, Prof. Smickle. I will be teaching you all about the history of our great nation, Xestal."

Aziel groans quietly. "Not Prof. Smickle..."

"You know him?" Asher stared at Aziel in surprise.

Aziel nodded sullenly. "Yeah. He was chosen to become my personal teacher back in the day. He thinks he can rule over others because he taught me shit, and I hate it."

Asher hummed as he observed Aziel's change in behavior. Asher had only just become 'friends' with them yesterday, so he was glad to know that he was trusted enough to see Aziel's other sides of himself.

Speaking of Aziel, he was glaring towards Prof. Smickle with a dark expression on his face. His hands, which were grabbing the edge of his seat rather tightly, were crackling with chaotic energy. As soon as Asher noticed, he felt himself grow more and more tired as his head began to pound.

Dashiell sharply turned his head to the side as soon as he heard Asher groan. His eyes widened as he stood up, his chair making a screeching noise and attracting other's attention. Dashiell hugged Asher with one arm as the other was used to hug Aziel.

"Aziel, calm down. You're hurting Asher," said Dashiell, his tone unusually serious. Aziel snapped out of his chaotic mental state and began to shake slightly as his hands found their way to Asher's face.