28. History Class

The very next morning was chaotic. Zara, alongside an unknown butler, knocked on the door before coming in. They woke up their masters who were still sleeping and helped them get dressed. Pithos had already disappeared by the time they arrived.

The male butler who had auburn hair and freckles littered across his face glanced suspiciously towards Asher as Dashiell complained about what had happened yesterday.

"And then he forced us to become his friends! Does he have balls of steel or something?"

Dashiell pouted and kicked the floor before sitting beside Asher, the very same person he was complaining about. The auburn-haired butler, who was named Connor, kept quiet while organizing and cleaning Dashiell's mess.

Dashiell frowned and pushed Connor to answer. Sighing, Connor said: "Young master, would you really want to be friends with someone who treated you like that?"

Hearing Connor's comment on her young master, Zara narrowed her eyes while buttoning up Asher's shirt which Asher kept sleepily unbuttoning saying that the shirt was suffocating him.

Patting her hands after a job well done, Zara turned around to face Connor. Contrary to his warm appearance, Connor held a cold and distant expression as his brown eyes met Zara's violet ones. Crossing her arms and raising an eyebrow, she said: "Who would want to be friends with the person who not only burned his bed but also almost hurt him?"

Connor smirked. "Who else other than your young master?"

"Listen here you piece of-"

"Connor, just shut up."

Zara, who was about to lose control over her mouth and swear was interrupted by Dashiell. Dashiell, who was relatively much larger than Asher, slightly bent down and unbuttoned the first button on Asher's shirt and loosened his blue tie. Zara frowned while seeing her hard work going to waste but did nothing to prevent it. She saw Dashiell's amused expression and decided to hold herself back despite his slightly rough actions.

Shaking his head, Connor slightly frowned and proceeded with his own work. He wasn't really accepting of Asher's immature way of 'making friends', especially since it seemed that it would inconvenience Dashiell, but he was only a butler and had no real power to stop Asher's insensitive actions nor Dashiell's choice to accept this friendship. He could only advise his master from the side.

Unaware of his butler's thoughts, Dashiell shook the half-asleep Asher awake and laughed silently. "He really is like a baby hedgehog..."

"C'mon, let's go eat! I'm starving!"

Dashiell took Asher's arm and began walking excitedly and dragging Asher with him while disregarding Zara and Connor. A strong gust of wind abruptly came from behind them, despite the windows being closed, stopping them in their tracks. Zara had appeared before them as if she had been standing there waiting for them regardless of her being inside the room just a few seconds prior. Connor and Dashiell looked at each other to confirm that what they just saw was real- Zara had run past Connor and Dashiell like it was nothing! They couldn't follow Zara's movements! Even Asher was surprised! His sleepiness had vanished for the most part as he saw Zara bow down while extending her hands towards him. She had presented Asher with the twin daggers she had previously forced him to bring.

"Young Master Asher, please take these and protect yourself. I won't be able to stay by your side during class. Pithos will find you later during the day."

Asher widened his eyes and pushed Zara's hands back. His navy-blue eyes swam from side to side as he bit his lips. "You need to hide that, Zara! I can't carry it around unless I have special permission!"