9. Breakfast With the Family

As soon as Asher's dark blue eyes opened, a young man no more than 25 was by his side. The man's hair was a light green color and his eyes were a beautiful canary yellow that contrasted greatly against his slightly tanned skin.

Asher was left unmoving as his eyes darted around the room. Where was his servant? Why was there a stranger is his quarters?

"Please forgive the intrusion, Young Master Asher. My name is Allon Oakley and I am the gardener," says Allon with an awkward smile. Asher kept staring at the intruder and narrowed his eyes, causing the poor gardener to shiver and apologize.

"A-apologies, Young Master Asher!"

"Why are you apologizing?"

Asher's blunt tone made Allon rethink his decision. Why did he let Archer convince him that taking his job for a couple of days would be fine? He isn't fine at all! How is he supposed to take care of a young master he barely even knows!

Allon sighed and began to pace around the room, not bothering to explain just why is he inside Asher's room. Better yet, he forgot to. "I knew I should've asked Archer for instructions. What does the young master do in the morning? Does he need help to get dressed? Ah, he needs to eat. Wait, what does he eat?"

As the gardener kept rambling on, Asher turned away and opened his windows. Outside, the sun hasn't risen yet. The sky appeared to be an endless sea of darkness with only a few stars to light up the dark emptiness. Asher felt his eye twitch of annoyance. He wasn't in his old world! He doesn't need to wake up this early!

Then, a small meow was heard. Pithos, who had been awake and observing Asher from outside the window, lept into his bed. His ruby eyes were bright with amusement as he saw poor Allon who still didn't know what to do with the young master.

As soon as all the rambling stopped, Allon noticed there was a new companion joining them. He had heard the rumors about how Young Master Asher had taken in a stray cat and had performed a naming ceremony. Also, he knew that Master Alejandro didn't want that cat inside and was about to decline the idea of his youngest son taking care of the cat. However, Mistress Nikola had jumped in at the right time and accepted the cat. Such gossip! No one, not even Master Alejandro, can handle Mistress Nikola's raw power!

Allon coughed before staring at the droopy-eyed boy. "Young Master Asher, you mustn't fall asleep. Master Alejandro has asked for you to wake up early and join them for breakfast."

"Where is Archer?" The young boy asked tiredly as he rubbed his eyes. Allon couldn't help but feel a pang of jealousy. Is this the sight that Archer beholds every morning?

Eventually, Allon got a hold of himself and answered Asher's question, "Sir Archer has been sent away by Master Alejandro for some secret business. He asked me to take care of you for the time of being."

Asher, finally getting the explanation he had been waiting for since the beginning of the dilemma, nodded. He stood from the bed as he began to search for clothes. After not being able to conclude which outfit he should wear, he glanced at Allon who had been standing awkwardly next to his bed.

"You are my butler for the time of being, right? Choose which outfit I shall wear for the day while I take a bath."

Allon, not knowing his responsibilities as Asher's personal butler, nodded and followed the orders he was given. Asher, on the other hand, locked himself inside the bathroom as he held his racing heart. Taking deep breaths, he nodded to himself. Today will be the day he discovers whether or not Nikola is on his side. This will literally define his life for better or for worse, so it's understandable that Asher is feeling quite nervous.