014. F8

NARRATOR

"THANK you, Cole." Blair thanked her driver nervously as she exited the black vehicle, stepping out onto the slightly cool Los Angeles pavement. It was nearing march. almost a year since it happened.

Her eyes shifted upwards as she wandered around the sidewalk, pondering her options. Studios spread across the large paved area everywhere, each labeled with a different number and letter.

Blair was supposed to be attending studio F8 for her audition, however she had no idea where it was located.

Heartbreak Weather posters collected across the walls of multiple smaller buildings in front of her, making a smile spread across the blondes face.

The sudden slight rumble of thunder startled the 5'0 tall girl, making her jump up slightly in her heels. She continued to walk towards an unknown destination, hoping she would come in contact with studio F8.

Her black Louis heels clicked across the cool Los Angeles pavement as her breath began to quicken, her palms starting to sweat.

The sky began to darken, casting a dark cloud over the remaining rays of sunlight across Blair's path. Small raindrops began to drizzle down from the sky, lightly coating the ground.

Shit.

Blair began to quicken her pace, the F section of studios coming into her sight. It was one minute past the time Blair needed to be inside for her audition.

Another shit.

"Rain on me, why don't you?!" She whispered to herself angrily, waving a hand up towards the rain above her. She desperately tried to fan away the rain drops, as if he doing so would make the situation any better.

She now began to jog in her heals, running past studio 5,6,7.

Her small feet came to a halt in front of the large building that read 'STUDIO F8' with the Heartbreak Weather logo spread across the door in its signature block font.

She pulled on the door quickly, not wanting to get any wetter by the rain. It thickened in size, the drops growing heavier and plumper by the second.

It didn't open. The door wouldn't budge.

She continued to jiggle the door, pushing and pulling. Nothing. She lifted a heel onto the door and attempted to kick it open, the skirt of her little black dress riding up her thigh as she kicked and kicked against the black studio door.

Panic began to overtake her, as she needed this role. She needed it to take away from her dangerous thoughts. Take away from the thoughts of Harry that consumed her daily. Thoughts of Moon.

The rain began to grow heavier, the rain droplets gaining in size. The sky darkened and began to thunder lowly, a deep growl echoing throughout the Los Angeles lot.

Blair stared down at her phone anxiously, beginning to frantically text her manager to somehow fix everything. She fumbled with the papers in her hands, questioning if she was even at the right studio.

F8.

Ahem.

The sound of a deep mans voice clearing his throat startled the 5'0 blonde girl, making her jump slightly in the black heels she wore. Her eyes slowly drew upwards, locking with the one person she dreaded to see the most.

"H- Harry?" the small girl breathed out, truly speechless.

The tall curly haired boy stood a few feet in front of her, his shoulder resting against the studio wall as he slumped himself over, staring at his former love.

"Blair Klein?"

© GRANDEGALORE 2021
VOTE/COMMENT