013. FOOL FOR YOU

BLAIR

"HOWS that?" Pete asked me with a hearty laugh, a gigantic smile spread across his face. "Awful. " I giggled back, teasing his mediocre dancing skills.

"What the hell do you mean?! It's way better than what you could do." Pete laughed, picking me up and throwing my upper half over his shoulder.

"You're such a dork." I giggled, pressing my face into the side of his neck. "I could say the same about you." He laughed back, releasing my body and letting me fall gently onto the bed behind us.

"Mhm, sure." I smirked. My hair tangled across the pillow, my now blonde waves spreading across and out from my head.

"I'm a fool for you, Klein. " Pete smiled, plopping his body next to me on the bed and running a hand over my lightened hair. "Good to know." I giggled slightly, tucking my knees to my chest.

Pete stared back at me lovingly, longingly. I desperately wished I could say the same to pete. Hug him, hold him, kiss him, and feel all of the feelings someone in love was supposed to feel. But somehow, I never failed to doubt myself.

It didn't feel right telling Pete I loved him, because I was still in love with someone else.

"Is everything okay, B?" Pete asked me, snapping me back into reality. "Everything's okay, angel." I told Pete with a reassuring smile, ruffling his dark hair slightly.

However, nothing felt right. Everything in my life felt so completely out of my control, and all I could do was sit back and watch.

"You know I love you." I replied quietly with a smile. I placed a kiss onto Pete's forehead, attempting to give him an affirmation of reassurance.

"I love you always -" Pete began to say to me before being cut off my the annoying ring tone that was my phone, a call from my manager Kelsey appearing across the screen.

"Hi Kels, what's up?" I answered the phone, bringing it up to my ear and snuggling up to pete's chest so he could hear the conversation. "Hi Blair! I wanted to just check in with you and tell you about this really cool project some of my coworkers have been telling me about." She announced brightly.

"Basically, a new series called Heartbreak Weather is coming out soon, and I got a call from the director himself asking if you would be interested in the audition." I could practically see her smile through the phone.

"And don't feel pressured to, B! I know it's been hard mentally lately, and I know you're also working on your second album. I just thought it could be a good idea to get out and explore your options, since you haven't dabbled in acting lately." kelsey finished. "Well what is it about ? " I asked somewhat hesitantly.

"He didn't go into detail too much, but from what I've heard it's a series about a girl faking her own death to basically have a redo at life." Pete raised his eyebrows up, an affirmation that he was intrigued by the plot. I wish I could do that.

Pete and I made eye contact, a giant smile spreading across both of our faces. Pete clapped excitedly and pushed at my shoulder, urging me to take the opportunity.

I giggled silently and pushed him off of me,
rolling to the other side of the bed and pushing the phone closer to my ear.

"Call the director back, of course I'll do it."

© GRANDEGALORE 2021
VOTE/COMMENT