012. CIGARETTE SMILES

ALTHOUGH he would never let anyone know, Harry was hurting just as much as blair was at the same exact moment. 20 minutes away from the house Blair and Pete shared, he laid in his bed, staring up at the ceiling mindlessly.

Silent tears fell down his tan cheeks as he reminisced on all of the times he had with Blair, both good and bad. He was a total train wreck without her, and he knew it.

He knew that he could actually have one of them back for good, but he instead let Blair push him away and walk out of his life.

He regretted everything so much.

He thought he should've begged her to stay. Pleaded. talked things over and out with her. He'd already let her get away once, how could it happen again?

But she left.

He had taken on the terrible habit of smoking in order to cope with his terrible loss. Ashes lay spread across his grey comforter, a green lighter on his bed side table.

A pack of cigarettes also lay across the room, the little while tubes spilling out of the package and onto the floor below him. His home reeked of smoke, but Harry was simply too sad to care.

On top of that, he began to drink excessive amounts to also numb the pain he was feeling. He would come home from the studio and down a bottle of vodka, then smoke a pack of cigarettes.

He knew how terrible his habits were, yet he made absolutely no efforts to change himself. He knew Blair wouldn't want to take someone back like him, so he made no attempts in trying to better his life.

To Harry, Blair was exceeding in life. A lot. She had an amazing comedian boyfriend, one of the biggest albums of the year, and everything she could ever want at her fingertips.

His hair was grown out, and dark stubble was spread across his cheeks. He wasn't the picture perfect boyband member that all of the fans remembered him as, anymore. He was a depressed and emotional addict, with no found purpose in life.

Even after the release of his debut album, not even that could cheer him up or brighten his spirits. He did no interviews, promotions, or pretty much anything in the public eye because he knew most of his songs were written about one girl and one girl only.

He often wondered if Blair had listened to the album. What would her favorite song be? Her least favorite? Would she even like it? Would she be proud of him? His sobs grew louder as he wallowed in his own sadness.

His girlfriend, Cara, was not beside him that particular night.

She's probably fucking another guy right now.

Harry thought to himself, rubbing his temple and allowing himself to fully break down and be vulnerable, as he knew he was alone.

His new girlfriend, Cara Evans, was very much like Pete Savidson. A distraction.

After learning of Blair seeing Pete just a few short months after her split with him, Harry went into a frenzy. Hs tore things down in his house, ripped apart photos of him and Blair that were stored in albums, and drank more than ever. He felt pressured live up to the life Blair was creating for herself, and rushed into a relationship with Cara.

Cara had a history of cheating, and constantly left late at night to hook up with strange men that weren't Harry.

It broke Harry, but he was too sad to care. The only woman he cared about in his life was Blair, but he couldn't even get her back.

Cara would come home from her hookups and drink, smoke, and hit Harry. on top of that, she had a bad cocaíne addiction and often did drugs around Harry, which never sat right with him. Their relationship was toxic and abusive, although Harry had never once laid a finger on her.

Cara would hit and push at his chest, and Harry would stand still and take the abuse. He reached a point where he wouldn't even yell back. He would stand still in the middle of the house and allow his girlfriend to hit, kick, and punch him, because he was just that broken.

It hurt Harry so much to see Blair moving on with her life, and getting married to Pete.

He would've never guessed that the two would end up together, but he also never thought that this would be happening to him.

He missed them more than anything.

From his bed, Harry could hear the click of the door opening. Cara was home. he sat up and prepared for her usual angry fit.

Harry could hear the sound of the glasses clink in the kitchen as Cara poured herself a drink, a habit she had formed after hooking up with another man.

He pulled the covers off of his almost naked body, letting the cold Los Angeles air rush over his toned body.

He grabbed the back of cigarettes off of the dresser and laid back in his bed, waiting for Cara to come into his room and greet him.

He heard the sound of heels stumble down the hallway, and he brought his attention to the door.

"Hi baby." Cara greeted as she slurred her words, sliding off her heels and climbing onto the bed.

"Hi angel." harry replied blankly.

He flicked his green lighter with the tip of his thumb and lit the white cigarette, paying no attention to cara. "Where did you go?" Harry asked, knowing the answer.

This time, he was more curious about who she was with, rather than where she had gone.

"I was with a friend, baby. Don't worry about it." Cara replied. She placed her arms onto Harrys biceps and swung herself onto his lap, facing him directly.

"I am worried about it. You can't go out at night like that all of the fucking time, Cara. It's not safe." Harry scoffed, refusing to let his eyes meet Cara's. He puffed the cigarette and continued to look down, letting the excess smoke exit through his nostrils.

"Baby, you know I love you!" Cara whined, placing her hands on Harry's cheeks and gently rubbing her thumbs across his smooth skin. She began to kiss his neck sloppily, clearly not in the right state of mind.

Harry could smell the scent of whiskey on her mouth and breath, her personal drink of choice.

"You don't want this right now, angel. You aren't in the right headspace. You're drunk, baby." Harry replied calmly, pushing cara off of his neck.

"Babe I'm fine!" Cara replied with a drunk giggle, ruffling harrys brown curls. "No, cara. Not tonight. We can do it when you're in a better headspace. I'm not taking advantage of you." Harry replied sternly.

He puffed his cigarette again, blowing it in the opposite direction of where Cara sat on top of him.
"You're no fun, Haz." She pouted, sticking out her lips and crossing her arms. Only Blair called him that. It hurt.

"Lets just go to bed, sweetheart. We're both tired. I can see it in your eyes." Harry offered, brushing a loose strand of Caras blonde hair out of her vision.

She nodded and stripped off her clothes to her underwear, climbing into the bed with Harry and laying in her usual spot next to him.

"Goodnight, baby." Cara smiled, stroking Harry's cheek.

"Goodnight, Cara."

© GRANDEGALORE 2021
VOTE/COMMENT