020. THE IDEA OF HIM MISSING ME

BLAIR

THE idea of Harry missing me was something that brought me immense comfort, in a strange way. I liked the idea of him not being able to sleep without me, and the idea of him holding onto small pieces of me in his life because it brought him comfort.

I stared into the back of his car and watched as he frantically attempted to throw a couple old bags of my belongings into the trunk, to which I began to smile through my stream of tears.

He looked back up at me sheepishly and placed a nervous palm across the back of his neck, rubbing away all of his built up stress and anxieties. He continued to awkwardly stare with the car door wide open, before realizing that we needed to drive away, probably for good.

He climbed into the drivers seat and turned the key into the ignition, pulling away from the home. We drove down the road and out of the Hollywood Hills neighborhood in almost complete silence. The only time Harry spoke to me was when he asked where i wanted to eat, although I had no appetite whatsoever.

Harry suggested that we eat at Bella Italiano since it's still open, and served my favorite gnocchi in all of Los Angeles. It was only until we reached the place that we realized the swarm of paparazzi that crowded the parking lot and street. There were a lot of paparazzis lurking around the area, waiting for something to happen there because it was a well known celebrity spot. 

Harry parked his car in a small area towards the back of the eatery while we sat in the front two seats of his range rover, contemplating wether it was a good idea to actually go inside of the restaurant. However we knew that the backlash was going to be the same anyway, and there was really no way of getting around that issue. They'd already seen us pull in, and they had gathered several pictures already.

Harry got out of the drivers side door and walked around to my side, holding onto me and assisting me out. He placed a strong yet comforting grip on my waist as we walked rather quickly towards the entrance of the restaurant, camera flashes continuously blinding our vision as we tried to calmly enter the restaurant.

Fortunately, the security from the restaurant was used to this happening to the different celebrities that frequented the eatery and assisted us inside safely. 

We took a seat in the back corner of the restaurant and ordered our own meals but halfway through eating I was lost in the depths of my own head again, totally out of touch with reality.

"Whats up with you?" he asked sweetly, leaning against his chair. I shook my head no and gave him a half-assed sort of smile smile, took my fork off of the wooden table and started to pick apart a lettuce leaf.

"Something is clearly bothering you, I know you." He announced straightforwardly. I stared up at him and let out a sigh. "Well, it's not really something I need to tell you? I don't see how this is any of your worry."

"You're fucking with your own mind." He replied back quickly, squeezing the last remaining drops of lemon into his water.

"That's old news, I've been fucked up and you know that for sure." I said in a teasing voice, mocking him. "But like I said, I'm fine, so leave it alone."

"You're not fine."

"Am I really that easy to read?" I quipped back  sarcastically. "Your sarcasm won't get you anywhere, anymore." He commented, biting the last portion of his food. 

"You always loved it though." I muttered to myself, hoping he didn't hear. He continued to stare at me, before rising up from the table and simply leaving me. I studied him carefully as he walked over to one of the workers and slipped them a 100 dollar bill ever so casually.