Recovery

After getting home last night, my mom interrogated me about the battle. I had told her that everything was resolved quickly and retreated back to my room. I saw that my wrist was starting to swell so I put on my gloves and wrapped it before changing clothes and going to sleep.

Well, tried to at least.

I stared up and the ceiling in complete silence, letting my thoughts run free in my head. My wrist was aching but I didn't want to talk my mom anything because she would say that I was weak and that's why I got hurt.

'I'll have to wait until school starts tomorrow and go to recovery girl before class starts'

I raised my arm, gazing at the the bandages currently wrapped around my wrist.

'Now how to convince Katsuki to leave earlier'

I think for a moment then shake my head

'He'll probably tell me to fuck off and leave without him so might as well'

Monster

Weirdo

Witch

Villain

All the names that I was called in the past started coming back to me while sleeping

Weak

Burden

Nobody special

Why is it all coming back now?

~Morning~

"I'm leaving" I say quietly as I slip on my shoes making sure to only use my right hand. I stand up to see my father standing just in front of me and hearing my mother once again yelling at Katsuki.

"Have a good day y/n, be safe with you internship"

"I will, thanks dad"

I close the door after stepping outside and start my walk to school. Plugging in my headphones and putting on some music I swiftly walk towards the direction of UA. I see some kids who I guess would be the first years, as well as little Midoriya walking. Letting out a sigh I slide open the door of Recovery Girl's office and see her sitting on one of the chairs.

"Oh Miss Bakugo, always a pleasure but can I do something for you?"

"Uh yeah I think I injured my wrist yesterday during my internship and I was wondering if you could heal it"

"Of course sweetie, but why didn't you go to a hospital"

'because my mom would kill me'

Hah like I could ever say that. "Oh I guess in the moment it didn't occur to me"

"Hm" she didn't say anything else, but I could tell she wanted to ask something

She heals my wrist, but tells me to keep the bandages on because it's probably still bruised. I nod and start walking to my class and plop down at my seat, taking out a book and quietly reading to myself.

The day passes fairly quickly and finally it's time for training. I change into my hero costume and walk outside with the rest of the group. Nejire stands with Tamaki, but sends me a small wave as I get closer to everyone. I send her a gentle smile that falters as soon as she looks away

'Yeah, I don't think we're close friends anymore. Looks like I'm all alone again I guess'

"Today we're going to be sparing with each other"

'Oh crap'

"Y/n L/n, you'll be sitting out due to your quirk"

'What was I expecting'