Gala

A week and a half passed like a flash, tonight the night of the Gala, and neither of us have seen anything suspicious at all. Throughout the days we've been walking around a lot, sightseeing while keeping an eye on people, and even went on patrol at night when villains would most likely be the most active, but nothing. Hawks had left about an hour ago to get a look around one more time, and pick up our outfits for the gala, leaving me in our shared hotel room laying on my bed, staring aimlessly at the ceiling. 

'there has to be something we're missing...there couldn't have been any villain activity at all for the past week if they've been active for more than a month....what did we miss'

"Hey kid i'm back"

"Huh oh hey." He hands me my dress, making me grab my stuff and move to the bathroom for a shower before I start getting ready. The cold water runs down my skin, my eyes closing from relaxation and I let out a small breath. Rubbing the soap on my body, my mind races with thoughts of tonight. We haven't been able to go inside the building, there's been security on the perimeter of the building, forbidding anyone from going inside at all since the day we got here. Hawks and I will have to be on our toes all night take note of everything around us in case anything goes wrong, which I fully expect based on how tight the security for the building is. 

'There's no use worrying about it now'

I step out, drying myself and begin to put on my clothes again, deciding that I should probably let Hawks shower and get dressed in the room better. I open the door, Hawks standing up quickly from his bed and heading into the bathroom. I lay out everything on my bed, slipping off my pants and shirt, then carefully put the dress on. It's a floor-length ombre black to royal blue, Hawk's suit being a midnight blue to match mine, the back showing a bit of skin and it being a one shoulder. I breath out, moving to the vanity to style my wig to make it look as natural as possible. After I carefully put my hair in the wig cap, I slip on the wig, which is done in a tight updo, spraying hairspray all over it to hold. The shower turns off, indicating Hawks is done, meaning I'd be able to do some make up before we leave. I open the box he brought, taking out the black heels he brought to go with the dress and placing them near the door. He opens the bathroom door, letting me inside as we both continue to get ready, myself putting on some lipstick, blush and eyeliner and him touching up his now brown hair and putting on his tie. When the two of us are done, we go back to the other room, carefully putting on our shoes and getting anything else we'll need. 

"Oh here" He hands me black lace gloves, making me smile lightly. "I saw them and remembered your quirk and figured you'd want them."

"Thank you. Shall we go, Kei?"

He holds out his hand, bowing in the process, making me chuckle slightly as I take his hand. "Of course Arisa"

We get in the car waiting downstairs for us, Keigo and I acting as lovey dovey as we can without cringing to sell our act. We arrive at the building shortly, thanking the driver as we get out, but Hawks stops me before we join the line.

"There's a tracking device laced into the the cloth of the dress in case anything happens, just to let you know. There's one in my suit too. If anything happens, check your phone. I'll leave out coats with the register person, it's in your right inside pocket." He whispers

"Got it"

Eventually, we arrive at the front of the line, the two security guards looking at the two of us, and our rings. We hand him the paper that Mr Nakamura gave us, both of them nodding before letting us in. A young lady smiles at us, taking us up to the floor we'll be on after Hawks drops off our coats. The two of us have our hands interlocked as I lean on his shoulder, waiting for the elevator to come to a stop. When it does, we thank her and walk through the doors, being greeted with a beautiful venue, an area dedicated for dancing, other tables around it, a huge crowd already here. The two of us take our seats at an empty table, taking everything in and engaging in small conversation as everyone else is. After a while, Mr Nakamura comes out.