First Attack

~Flashback~

Y/n, you're up next" my teacher calls, motioning for me to walk forward

It's my first day at UA after passing the entrance exam. The rest of my class watches me walk towards towards our teacher. I meet his eyes, gently slipping off my gloves as he proceeds tho throw a softball at me. I catch it, but as soon as I do, it explodes into small pieces. My hand becomes red and I put my gloves back on before making my way back into the crowd of students. Some of their faces were filled with fear, others were neutral, others were shocked

No one knew who I was until that day, not even the people that went to middle school with me. I didn't have many friends in middle school so no one asked what my quirk was. No one asked if I was going to go to UA. I was quiet, shy Y/n Bakugo, older sister of Katsuki Bakugo, who didn't want to talk to anyone. Even now, I don't really have many friends with the exception of The Big Three but, are they really my friends? I feel like reaching out to them, but they walk further and further from my grasp and-

"Y/n!" I realize my hand was reaching out mid air and I pull it quickly back to my chest. I turn my head to the right and see Nejire looking at me, concern painted all over her face. She gently smiles at me, placing a hand on my shoulder

"You look anxious...is something wrong? Is it your internship?"

My eyes widen slightly. I start to shake my hands and smile. "Oh no I was just thinking about something. Sorry to worry you"

"Y/n if you're tired and stressed you should take a day off from everything" she takes me hands. "Heroes need breaks too"

I smile shaking my head slightly. "I'm okay I promise Nejire. I should get going, I have to get to the agency"

I say my goodbyes to her, grab my hero costume and leave the campus. The city is filled with parents and children, business owners and their workers, heroes and their sidekicks. Yeah, just another normal uneventful day.
I get to the agency a little later, pushing the glass door and seeing the receptionist. She sends me a smile and I make my way up to the office. Knocking on the door, I hear and audible "come in" from inside and I open the door. Hawks averts his gaze from the window to me, a smile gracing his lips. I nod my head and go to the bathroom and change into my hero costume. I come out a little later fully dressed and Hawks continues to stare out the window. I cock my head in confusion, even try to see what he's looking at, but I can't seem to match it.

"Hawks? Is something wrong?"

He shakes his head. "No, I must be imagining things. Let's go, we're going to patrol the city again"

Hawks and I leave the agency and start to walk around. The city is as lively as ever, laughs and cheers filling the air. The rays of the bright sun shine down causing a little heat, the the breeze makes up for it. Hawks smiles and waves at fans as he usually does and I can't help but feel isolated.

"Come on let's get on top of this building" Hawks points at the building in front of us as he flies up. I nod before climbing the side of the building and sitting down with my legs hanging over the edge. Hawks lets out a sigh, his wings completely puffed out and flapping. I shift my gaze towards him, seeing him sitting in a squat position with his finger over his lips showing that he's thinking.

I let out a sigh myself, raising my hand to block the sun from my eyes. It should start going down soon, being that it's already 4pm and-

"Hey Kid"

"Yeah?" I turn my head back towards Hawks who still has his attention somewhere down below

"Why...Why did you want to be a hero?"

"Huh? Why?" I stay quiet for a bit. "Maybe...I guess because ...well my mom wanted me to be a hero and I guess when I saw All Might and the other pro heroes I thought that protecting your loved ones was a noble cause. I wanted to be able to protect my family too"

"But do you really think that's what the hero society is? They're selfish..."

"Hawks-" 

A large crash interrupts the conversation as the both of us shoot up from our seats. Hawks flies off the building while I jump to the others to see what's going on. A large...wait what is that? I scrunch my nose, trying to figure out what exactly I was looking at. 

"Hawks what is that?" 

"I'm not sure. I've never seen anything like that before. Be on your guard h/n"

I nod as he begins to fly straight for the unknown monster and I jump back, getting ready to attack if needed. The monster is larger than Hawks and myself and it is very muscular with a large brain. As Hawks throws his feathers, it throws a large rock near the fleeing civilians, to which I race over and use my quirk to make it explode into small pieces.

"You need to get out of here quickly" I warn as they nod and run away. 

"Kid!" I hear Hawk's voice as I turn and see a large bolder flying towards me. My eyes widen and I use my left hand to make it explode, but reacted too late. The boulder does explode into smaller pieces, but I'm pretty sure I did something to my wrist because of the late reaction.  I let out a sigh and send Hawks a thumbs up, letting him know I'm okay. I run towards the monster, dodging most of the attacks and place my hand on it's back, causing it to explode. I stand up, the battle finally over and Hawks lands gently on the ground.

"Not bad kid"

"Thanks I guess" 

"Hawks!" My head turns to see another pro hero, Endeavor 

Endeavor is the father of another student in UA, Shoto Todoroki. I think he's in the same class as Katsuki. From my understanding and from what I've seen from Endeavor, he seems like an ass. 

"What's up number 2" Hawks grins, causing the number two hero to roll his eyes. 

"You've taken care of the Nomu?"

"Nomu? Is that what that brained monster was?" Hawks moves his hands behind his head and narrows his eyes

"Yes. They were created by the league of villains. Where is it?"

"I made it explode using my quirk" Endeavor raises an eyebrow towards me, then scoffs

"Why would you do that? The hero society could have used that for information" Endeavor's gaze sends shivers up my spine

"Give the kid a break Endeavor. Neither of us knew what that thing was. Besides she's still a student"

"Oh so this is your intern." Endeavor looks me up and down. "Better keep her on a tight leash"

With that last comment, Endeavor leaves and I let out a breath. He's right though, I acted without thinking of the consequences and that just cost the heroes some information that could have been valuable. 

"Don't take to heart what he said kid, for your first battle you did good"

"Yeah...thanks"