Chapter Twenty-Two: Live The Life You Want

When we returned back home, nothing was out of the ordinary... It was as if we hadn't even left to bring with. It was the exact same day, yet it felt as though a billion years were ripped out of my life book.

I thanked everyone for all that they had done for me before I began to feel lightheaded. Time travel through the wormhole continuum sure was exhausting. Masky carried me home as I couldn't really use my legs properly. They were all wobbly from everything that had happened.

"I can't believe I'll get to live a smoother life," I smiled, "That and I finally have some closure."

"Care to enlighten me?" my boyfriend questioned with a small chuckle. I tossuled his hair slightly and took a deep breath.

"My life will be much smoother without a demon terrorist fucking up my life; I still have you rascals to deal with." I chortled. Masky stopped walking and threatened to throw me off.

"I'm just kidding!" I exclaimed and pleaded him to finish taking me home.

"Yeah, I know how you feel though. It's the same for me too."

I smiled against the top of his head and ran my hands down to his chest. I could faintly feel his heartbeat through his shirt as he was walking on the shitty, bumpy, haphazard forest floor.

"That and my supposed father's soul explained his intentions... I think I can now move on. I won't accept Ethan as my father, but I can at least view him as an equal father figure." I explained. Masky merely nodded. He didn't have to say much, really. Having him here was all a response I really needed.

I pat his shoulder and he stopped walking. I slipped off his back and held his hand as we walked together. I could tell he was questioning as to why I hopped off, but I shrugged it and tossed a wink at him. We walked in silence for quite some time before I could see my porch lights on in the distance. It was sight for sore eyes, to be honest. I would glance every so often up to my boyfriend to catch his expression. He was always so deep in thought, but I refused to say anything... I was curious as to why he looked so distraught though.

We were by the back door on the porch when I was ready to go through the door, but he seemed hesitant. I was really worried and finally snapped under the pretenses of anxiety.

"Is there something on your mind?" I inquired. He himself didn't say anything, but his eyes, oh, those beautiful blue eyes were so dull and tired. I realized he needed sleep, "Do you wanna stay with me for a little while longer?"

He nodded lethargically and so I led him in. I locked the door and dragged him up to my room. Inside, he rested his head on mine and enveloped me in his usual warm embraces. God, I loved the way the heat of his body just warmed me up. I snuck my cold hands under his shirt and onto his bare back. He let out an amused chuckle before letting me go. With his right hand, he lifted my chin and kissed my lips softly. I removed my hands from his back and snaked them up to cup his cheeks. Once we were able to stop making out, we rested our foreheads pressed together. I looked up at him as I slowly pulled away and took off my jacket. And kicked off my shoes. He did the same and draped his jacket over the desk chair. I slid under my blanket and he looked hesitant like before. I opened my arms and coaxed him to follow after. He finally did and we cuddled, balled up under my blankets.

Before long, we were knocked out and didn't wake till the next morning...

When I woke up, it was just me in my bed. I glanced about and Masky's jacket and shoes where nowhere to be seen. I sighed heavily and begrudgingly rolled out of bed. The clock on my nightstand read 09 : 17 in red letters. I groaned for waking up so early and sauntered over to the bathroom across the hall.