Chapter Eleven: No Words

Everything was everywhere and whizzing past my head. We were heading into a parallel world... On the bright side, Slenderman was able to rally up this troops in the days leading up to our trek.

Slenderman was the head of the operation, obviously. Hoodie and Toby took Masky's posistion as second in command so he could look after me.

Following up were the rest of the members on his roster. These individuals included a young lady named Lulu, a creepy clown named Laughing Jack, two young ladies named Jane and Clockwork respectively, a guy named Jeff, another guy named Jack some strange statue named Ben, and a dead little girl named Sally.

The plan wasn't all that simple so, I had witchcraft spells done to alter our appearances just slightly enough to blend into normal societal standings. Of course, we still knew who was who just in case.

In this alternate world, we blended in with humans. It was nine in the morning when I woke up. We somehow went into hyper drive and I woke up. Masky had been carrying me on his back for some time.

"Our uhh... our calculations were a little off, but we definitely found traces of him here and he hasn't left." Masky told me as he set me down. Our group was still in the vicinity so it's not like we were too far behind. The city looked so similar, but have you ever been in another city's McDonald's, or Walmart and felt everything was off or different? Yeah, that was the feeling. One of the guys tried to rent a truck, but they weren't having any of it here. Their supposed ID didn't fit the bill.

After a while of searching, we came across a shadier dealer who let us off the hook with a somewhat decent dark green van. We found a motel and settled down before our departure.

"Now everyone, I have specific rules to keep ourselves hidden from others. Number one, don't kill or eat people. That's a big no-no. Okay. That's pretty much it. To keep the magic lasting on you, you shouldn't break my law; my only rule." I wagged my finger at them all. They seemed to silently agree but I couldn't really tell because they felt like they were all silently judging me.

"Now that that's covered, this is how we'll split," Masky started, "Clockwork, [ ] and I will go north of the town. Slenderman, Sally, Ben will go east. Laughing Jack, Lulu, and Hoodie will go west. Toby, Jane, and Jeff go south. There, we disperse and go searching. We meet up back here at 10:00 pm."

"I object to that. We meet up here at 7:00 in the evening. Is that clear?" Slenderman asked us all. We each agreed with him voluntarily and/or begrudgingly.

"All of us must stay with our groups, understood?" Slender added. By now I could feel the group's annoyance. I nodded slowly and pursed my lips.

Once we walked out of the motel in our assigned groups, we were greeted with a cold slap to the face by the wintery air.

"This is it," I muttered darkly, "This is the start of revenge. Two can play at this game."

Masky squeezed my shoulders and guided us out towards the entrance.